Starry Skys and The First Night

The perfect Percy (another brother of Ron) stood up from the table and looked around, "First years follow me!" 

All of us first years stood up and started to follow the perfect out of the Great Hall, we went up stone staircases, behind sliding panels and through tapestries, until we came to a sudden stop, there was another ghost who Percy said was called Peeves that kept swooping overall us blowing raspberries. 

"Go away Peeves or else I'll get the Bloody Baron," said Percy, Peeves stuck out his tongue before disappearing, "Watch out for Peeves, the Bloody Baron is the only one who can control him." 

He then turned towards a painting of a fat woman in a pink dress, "Password?" she said. 

I looked at the portrait curiously, I had heard of these but never actually seen one, it was very weird to see. 

"Caput Draconis," said Percy and the portrait swung open revealing a round hole in the wall. We all scrambled through the wall and ended up in the common room, it was a cosy circular area with squashy armchairs, tables and a bulletin board on one of the walls. A merry fire stood in a large fireplace on another wall, above it stood a ginormous photo of a lion rearing its head back. 

Percy then directed the girls to one door and the boys to another that lead to a dorm, the six of us walked up a circular staircase, they were in a tower, when they finally reached the top there were six four-poster beds with deep velvet curtains. There was a nightstand next to each bed with their trunks at the foot of their beds, on the right side of the bed was a wooden board to which each student could decorate themselves. Next to this was a small dresser for each student with a wooden chair and two shelves above the beds. In the centre of the room was a small stove with a surrounding red carpet and gold pillows. 

The person's bed to the far right side was a girl called Fay Dunbar, next to that was Fay's friends whose name I can't remember followed by  Lavender Brown's bed then Parvati Patil. This led mine to be on the far left side next to the window with Hermione Granger next to me. 

All of the girls were currently talking together, looking over to me, whispering and then giggling together. 

"I don't bite you know," I said before drawing my curtains to get changed into my pyjamas, once changed, I opened my curtains again. 

"Did you know that Hogwarts was-" Hermione started before getting interrupted by Lavender Brown. 

"Hermione, no offence but nobody cares," she said. 

"Oh right," Hermione replied, clearly hurt, "I'm going to bed." She went to her bed and closed her curtains. 

I looked at the remaining four girls rolled my eyes, may or may not have made a rude gesture with my hand and closed the curtains again. Ten minutes later I finally heard them all settle down to go to sleep and soon there was quiet in the dorm, only to be interrupted by the gentle breathing of the girls. 

I lay huddled under the blankets anxiously worrying about me being in Gryffindor, I'll probably get a howler from Lucius and I don't know if I and Draco's relationship will ever be the same again. I finally must have fallen asleep for a few hours because when I woke up it was completely dark, I sat up in bed, for a moment I felt like everything was still normal, then I realised I was currently in a Gryffindor dorm room. 

I swung my legs out of bed and drew the curtains of my bed, I decided to go and sit next to the window for a while, as moved quietly over to the window and sat down on the bench I heard a small squeal. 

"Ow, get off me!" a voice whispered. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I whispered back, "Hermione, is that you?" 

"Yes," she replied, her voice sounded stuffy and I knew she had been crying. 

"You've been crying." 

"No, I haven't," she whispered. 

"Is it because of what that bitch Lavender said?" 

She giggled slightly, "Maybe."

"Hey, don't sweat it," I said shuffling to sit more comfortably next to her, "I think your facts are very interesting, you sound so smart." 

"Thanks," she said. 

"Plus, one day you'll probably be... minster of magic! And they'll be cleaning your office, answering to you." 

She laughed again quietly, "Maybe not the mister of magic." 

After a moment of silence she spoke again her voice barely audible, "You know, I thought you were going to be like that Draco Malfoy but your not, your very kind."

"Oh," I said, "He can be nice... sometimes." 

She said thoughtfully, "I guess."  

We stayed there for a rough half an hour until she yawned, "I better go to bed."

"Yeah, me too," I replied before getting up and worming myself back into the mass of covers and pillows. 

Suddenly the world didn't seem so bad, I mean, I had made a friend, sort of and maybe Draco wouldn't mind me being in Gryffindor.