(2) Hope for Home

-Soda Kazuichi POV-

With a sigh he returned to his room. His free time just going to waist as he lie in his bed, miserable now that he was alone again, he didn't even feel like tinkering with the engine he'd built.

He let out a dramatic sigh and after what felt like hours rolled out of bed to find twenty minutes had passed. This island really was prison. 

Kazuichi threw open his door, peeking out for someone, anyone to hang out with. He ran out and shut his door as he noticed a rather quiet character from across the way. Chiaki!

He grabbed her by the shoulders, startling the poor girl a little bit, "Hey, I could really use some help. Tell ya what, I'll build you a projector that you can hook up your games to if you lend me a hand." He bribed.

Putting her Game Girl Advanced in her bag she looked him dead in the eye for what felt like the first time, "You have my full attention."

Somehow Kazuichi ended up giving her a piggy back ride up to the cafe.

Setting her down in a booth he went to go grab a couple cups of water for the duo.

"So, there's someone I think I really like-"

"Sonia?" she cut him off, "I'm not really good at tracking relationships but I'm sure I saw her on the beach with Gundham earlier."

"Actually, no..." He sighed, "I'm pretty sure he's with Nagito. This is pointless..." dramatically he let his head drop to the table.

"Oh, Hajime? No." Chiaki thought for a moment, "lets see... Um. You'll have to ask him but  he, no..." she looked back over to the sad sight.

"Thanks for your help..." he mumbled.

"mmhm." 

-another timeskip because I'm still lazy-

Soda was walking back when he noticed a strange sight, Ibuki was strewing off all the doorknobs to all the unlocked rooms. He slowly backed up, both amused and confused by what she was doing and decided not to disturb her.

Turning he ran head first into yet another person, killing his mood, "Geez-" he wasn't sure what he was about to say but he sure as hell wasn't going to say it now, he was quite literally inches away from Hajimes face.

Kazuichi could feel his face burn as they both just stood there, breathing the sexual tension.

Hajime was the first to move, taking a step back and chuckling a little as he held up his Mono pad, revealing that he'd in fact been hanging out with Nagito again. He'd already collected all of Nagito's hope fragments so what's so special that he wouldn't hang out with anyone else?

"Whats up, Bro?" Soda asked, flashing another toothy grin at Hajime.

"Nothing much, I'm actually looking to get away from Nagito for a bit." he said as he put his monopad away. "Would you like to hang out for a bit?" he asked holding out a bottle of coke.

Sodas eyes lit up as he accepted the gift, "Hell yeah!" he said, "Lets hit up the Airport, we can take apart one of those planes together!" 

Hajime didn't look too thrilled for that.

-lmao, goodnight-

(tis me, da author, it's a bit shorter but thats okay, I'll make up for it in the future. Word count 537.)