Chapter Six

I'm heading back from the library the next late morning, to see a worried looking Elain standing by my door. I put on a genuine smile and keep walking. "Hey!" I say, enthusiastically.

She turns to me, almost startled. "Hi" she looks down. "Do you want to go on a walk? Like a tour?" I nod my head, excitedly.

"You might need a coat, it's really cold out."

I head for the door and let her in, going to the closet. I find a nice coat, and we walk out of the room, side by side. She takes me to a long staircase, leading to the ground. We both grimace at the same time, and start walking down. I try to start a conversation. "Did you walk up these stairs to get up there?" I nod to THOW (Short for the house of wind).

"No, Azriel flew me."

I nod again. "Do you have a mate?"

She looks worried, but nods. I can't help but be nosy.

"Who?"

"Lucien, the high lord of the autumn court's son. He used to live in the spring court, but followed Feyre here. Now he goes between here and the humans."

Woah. "Do you like him?"

"He's not mean, or anything, but I don't want a mate." Poor Elain. And Lucien. I decide to stop talking.

I ended up having a lot of fun with Elain. Turns out, Rhys (That's what everyone calls Rhysand) and Feyre are over paying me a ton, and I haven't even started working! We got lunch first at a small indoor-outdoor restaurant beside the 'Sidra River' (the name of the river flowing through town), then we went shopping for hours. I probably shouldn't say shopping, because both of us only bought one thing. She, some ancient cookbook, and I a copy of all four THG books (The fourth as in TBOSAS) When the clock struck six, yes, we started at eleven, 8 straight hours of shopping, we went to a small tavern for dinner. It was clean, surprisingly, and rather busy. By that point, Elain was more warmed up to me than I thought the shy girl I met 2 nights ago could be. She told me her life story, about how her mom died when she was still young, about how they lost their fortune, and about how Feyre supported the family (That would have infuriated me, if it were anyone but sweet Elain. I have decided, I don't 'like' Nesta one bit) A/n I actually LOVE Nesta, but this is Hailee, and one day killed the faerie that she was 'supposed' to kill, and a HUGE beast/fae came and took her, while brainwashing us, except it didn't work on Nesta. The faerie made us rich, but eventually sent Feyre here, and they apparently fell in love. Turns out, he got 'kidnapped' after she left, by one of Hyberns generals, who was full of hatred for humans, and then Feyre had to survive 3 tasks in under a month, long story short, she completed those tasks, everyones happy, except she made a bargain with Rhys. When she made it out, she had to spend a week with him every month. She broke the curse, but died while doing it. All the high lords put their power together to save her. She turned fae. On her and Tamlins wedding day, Rhys came and took her. He taught her how to read. A few weeks later, Tamlin locked Feyre in the house, and Mor/Rhys rescued her. They bonded and Feyre found out her and Rhys were mates. This is while Hybern was planning to take control of the humans. The inner circle went to get the cauldron, the creator of life, but got trapped. They kidnapped Elain and Nesta, who got turned against their will. Feyre came up with a plan. She sent light through the room, breaking the wards, which were keeping them from winnowing away. She pretended to get unbrainwashed, and Rhys, knowing her so well, figured out what Feyre was doing. He and Mor winnowed everyone out, and Feyre went to the Spring Court as a spy. She turned all of Tamlins people against him, and left with Lucien. The war with Hybern happened, and eventually everyone in Prythian who could fight fought. They won the war, and now, were living as happily as possible. Yay. After that Elain took me to THOW, where Cassian happened to be to get Elain. After a small argument, me being the "I can walk up the stairs just fine on my own" side, him being the "I can fly you up, super easily" side. He won. I bid Elain goodbye as Cass scooped me up. When I got back to my room, I did my nightly routine, and read a bit. I ended up going to bed at 10.