Prologue

Cayden Levisay had always known that keeping secrets hurt people

Cayden Levisay had always known that keeping secrets hurt people. It hurt her, it had hurt her parents. But she forgot that not keeping secrets also hurts. It hurt to be so honest, especially about the stuff she just wanted to lie about. Honesty is the best policy? Not always. Especially during an interrogation.

It wasn't like she wanted to be in an interrogation room, but that's apparently what you get when you witness a murder. Or have any involvement in a murder. Sadly for Cayden, she did. This was because the victim was her uncle, Henry Jacobs. Cayden had lived with him since she was 9, after her parents' deaths.

She cleared those thoughts from her head, that was the last thing she needed to focus on at the moment. Right now, she needed to focus on clearing her name. She couldn't believe these cops thought she'd killed her own uncle. Why would she want more death?

There was enough of that in the world, in her life, everywhere all the time. Sighing, Cayden leaned back in the chair. The uncomfortable, plastic chair.

This was going to be a long day...

(I just discovered this, its alt+shift+k on apple computers) 

Make sure to check out AraBooks19's version!

I hope y'all are having a good day/night (or at least a decent one)

✌︎︎ Peace

Published: Dec. 21, 2020 (once again, for me)