Q&A

Hey all, author here.

Are you really the original author?

Mhm.

Why is it on this account?

So from what I can remember, since this was about a year ago, I essentially got locked out of my alt. It was made on an email I don't use nor remember the password to, and after typing in the Wattpad account's password several times, nothing worked. I'm most likely never going to have access to that account ever again.

Uh... what are those other fics on this account????

It's called crack fanfiction and it's art.

Why did it take this long to finish?

Mainly fluctuating interest in Pokémon as a whole. When I wrote the fic, that was when the 7th generation (Alola) launched my then-newfound passion for the franchise. Before that, my interest came and went with Gen. 5 (Unova), but since Sun and Moon was still new, I was able to somewhat experience Gen. 6 (Kalos) fresh. I don't remember how I came across Diodeshipping nor the reason why I initially shipped it, but I still like the ship.

Who's your favorite in the franchise? The fic? Your least favorite?

In case you can't tell, Clemont is among my favorites. I don't have a definitive favorite, though. He was my favorite in terms of this fic, though. In the series, Serena was my least favorite, but for reasons (mostly) unrelated to Amourshipping. I just wasn't invested in her character, nor her being retroactively being added to Ash's backstory like a Deviantart OC. As for the fic, I don't hate anyone, but Ash was the hardest for me to write.

What was your favorite chapter to write?

It was nice to write a callback to the airport scene from the anime in the epilogue, along with the time skip ending. But I think my favorite was the scene where Clemont changed out of his hospital gown and put on a new outfit. I don't know if it came across as him gaining a newfound confidence and assurance in himself, but that was part of my intent. That, and imagining the outfit was fun for me.

Was the epilogue how it was originally going to end?

No, actually. Everything up until the confession scene would be about the same, but the story would have had a different ending. I'll go into it in a bonus chapter.

Bonus chapter?

Yeah. Since this fic was originally posted on Wattpad, I figured that it'd be only fair that the Wattpad audience gets the content originally meant for them, rather than the Archive of Our Own readers.

Are you going to write a sequel?

I'm not planning on it, no.

What made you decide to finish this fic, anyways?

I don't like to leave things unfinished. I'll even throw elements, plot points, characters, etc. into other fics of mine. Then again, most of them are ironic...

Are you writing any other mlm fics outside of... ironic... fics?

Yeah, I have a one-shot request book. I have rules though, so please read them.

How hard was the floor that Clemont fell on?

Floors do be hard. Hot liquid do be hot.

Pain.

Have you seen the anime at all?

I've seen several episodes from every region, except the newest. I also own a few of the movies, my favorites being the third, the Rise of Darkrai, and Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel.

Is Diodeshipping your favorite Pokémon ship?

Definitely.

Have you read any Diodeshipping fics before, during, or since this fic?

Uh, yeah. Mainly to see if my idea had been done before. But considering many were smut fics, I didn't read a lot. The fact that authors, artists, and even people reading my own fic are sexualizing children like that is disgusting. Sexualizing children in general, actually. Time skip from the initial series or not, they're minors.

Is Bonnie a fujoshi?

Until the epilogue, yes.

Are you a fujoshi?

When I was in middle school? Yes. Ninth grade onwards? Fuck no.

Fuck no?

Y'know what?

What?

I was about to go on a tangent about how much I hate yaoi. How I regret when I was a fujoshi, and the amount of disgust I hold towards those who openly ship incest, age gaps, abusive relationships, etc.

But I'm not. Even if yaoi stands as a homophobic slap to the face, verbally slapping my followers won't do me any good.

That and someone called me a Karen over it, so, yeah.

So are you homophobic?

Just like Clemont in the fic, I'm bisexual, so, yeah.

Are you okay?

No. Not really. I'm sorry.