𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎

♡⑅*˖•. ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .•˖*⑅♡

episode thirteen . bring me the night

the song inspiring this chapter is bring me the night by kurt hugo schneider

♪ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ♪

Oh god, running was a mistake. He could have just gotten back into the car with the others and told Esmeralda where to drive. It would have saved him some serious leg ache.

Eret reached the corner of the road, turning at the large white house that stood there, and he was already getting puffed from his lack of usual exercise, and also the fact that he hadn't run this fast or far in a good while. He passed a few parked cars on the side of the road and moved from the road onto the cobbled footpath. It continued onwards for what he could guess was about 500 meters before it went upwards a little and turned into an arched stone bridge, reinforced with silver metal railings.

There were so few cars actually moving on the road, considering how many were parked on the side it was surprising. In the distance, dogs barked and birds twittered amongst the trees. The river below the bridge made minimal sound; the faint echo of tiny waves against stone was muffled by the concrete and stone between him and it.

Eret heaved in a breath and slowed down a little when he reached the edge of the bridge, seeing someone further along around the middle of the bridge, leaning on the railing, looking over the view. He slowed himself down to a walk, attempting in some way to slow his breathing. Make it seem as though he hadn't just run the entire length of the road that was behind him. Eret approached the man on the side of the bridge, and just as he had guessed, it was Him.

Romeo looked tired, but he also looked calm. His eyes were out on the view, not seeming to notice Eret arriving. He had on a black shirt, blue jeans and runners of a brand he couldn't quite tell. His hair was messy as if it hadn't been combed in a while, and his clothes were un-ironed and creased. His grip on the railing he leaned against was tight, turning previously tan knuckles white. 

Eret took in a nervous breath.

"Romeo?"