9. So damn kind

If you're liking this story, please share it on your Instagram or with your friends!
Comment.
Follow me ❤️
With love, Petal 🌸

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️Homophobic behaviour

Homophobic behaviour

- Hey, Styles! I'm sorry for the intrusion, I hope that's okay. - Zayn says awkwardly, showing his hand for Harry to take.

Malik looks curiously at the lad, noticing more details now that he's closer than the first time he has seen him.

He's holding a green notebook against his chest with his left arm, showing a cross tattoo on his hand, between his thumb and index finger, and what seems like an anchor on his skinny wrist and on his nails the ghost of once golden nail polish.

He seems so shaken up, so fragile and uncomfortable under his eyes, that the black-haired boy is almost sure he's not going to shake hands with him, but then Harry smiles shyly, taking Zayn's hand, firmly but gently, nodding.
- Hi, no problem. - he murmurs.

In the meantime, Louis is staring suspiciously at the guys in front of him.
The curly boy's eyes are red and puffy like he was crying just a minute ago, he has just this girly, green mint diary with him, and Louis wonders where he has been all evening.

Usually, he goes out at very odd times during the day, but it's mostly for studying at the library or for doing some stuff with Mr Corden.

Louis wants to know where he's been this time, he wants it so bad, and at the same time he's screaming at himself that he doesn't care and he shouldn't have this impulsive desires.

- I think I should go now, I don't want to disturb you, Harry. - Zayn says suddenly, making Louis jump in his seat.

- Wait, what? - he arguments, getting up and turning around the table to stand near the door with the others.

- It's okay, Zayn. You should stay... - Harry approves, smiling benevolently at Malik, heading for his room after waving his free hand as a greet.

Something is off.
Louis can tell.
He still remembers Harry's cold eyes from the night before, threatening him to stay away and never touch him again like if he could have died from Louis' hands on him.
He remembers the silent sobs, the fear on his face...

And now here they are, Harry, being friendly, submissive, even cute, and so damn kind with Zayn, his friend.

Why? He should ruin Louis' night, he should be a pain in the arse after all the things he endured because of the blue-eyed one, he should at least protest! He should give him shit for inviting someone for dinner in their house without asking if he was okay with this...

But no.
A little shake in his movements, those red eyes so sad and lost and kind at the same time, that fake smile, that deep, slow, caring voice...