Chapter 3

Shawn brought me over to his house which was conveniently about 2 houses up from where we were. He brought me up to his room and said. 

"Sam... Please tell me who did this to you." He said, concern laced in his voice.  I could see the tears forming in his eyes, and it made my heart sink; just knowing someone cared that much for me.  

"I- I can't tell you that. S-sorry" I truly was sorry. But I couldn't take the risk of Jack getting hurt because someone else found out. Couldn't risk My father taking him away from me.

"No! No, please Sam. Whoever it is can't do this to you!  Just p-please Sam, Please just tell me who did this to you." His tears were shedding now.  And the sight of him crying, the inly person I've ever loved, crying now, crying because of me...made me cry too.

"C-can I trust you? If I t-tell you this, you can't tell the cops. You can't t-tell anyone.  Not even Nathan. You have to understand that I have to protect Jack and if you tell a single soul about this, he could get very, very hurt." I said through the water falls pooling from my tear ducts.

"Yes. I swear!" he exclaimed still crying.

" My-y f-f-fat-the-r" I stuttered scared of what he might do.

"Sam!! I'll help you. We will go to your house and get all of your stuff, and Jacks. You will come live here with me and my mom. Sam, he won't hurt you anymore. I won't let him. No one will hurt you anymore. Not even me. I don't know why I ever did. You deserve so much more." he was crying more now. Ashamed of how he's been to me the past 3 years. Ashamed of how he failed to notice I was in pain. Ashamed of how he's hurt me. Ashamed of himself. 

"I-i-uh- Yes. Thank you so much Shawn! This means so much to me! I love you!" Omg No! I did NOT just say that.