Chapter 13

I'm so nervous.

Is it bad that I'm scared of Jane? I've got no serious reason to be scared, I just am. She has a huge knife and supposedly hates everyone. That alone is a reason to be intimidated by her.

So I wasn't able to think of a better plan. I'm going to just simply knock on her door and ask if we could hang out. Seems simple? Yeah, well others have said this is suicide. That I've got a high chance of getting stabbed for bothering her. I got lucky the first time, I guess. Especially since I barged into her room. Even if she is cold, she is very understanding and gives one chance. But I wasted that chance. So, here's to hoping I don't get my fingers tips cut off as she slowly begins to peel back the individual layers of my skin.

I've been standing at her door for a minute now. I'm admittedly thinking if this is a good idea. It's probably not. Let's just hope I make it out of this alive.

I raised my fist and knocked on her door, waiting for an answer. I'm going to give her thirty seconds. If I don't get a response, I'll go away. If I do, I'll simply ask if she wants to hang out. If she says no, I'll nod my head and go away. If she says yes, which probably won't happen, I'll...

Well, I haven't thought that far yet.

I heard footsteps coming towards the door. I took a step back to make sure I don't get stabbed immediately, and I'll have at least some time to prepare. The door opened slightly. She peaked her head through, a chain lock preventing the door from fully opening. She must have learned her lesson or something. I could feel her stare into my soul through the blank black eyes of her mask.

"What?" She asked.

She didn't say it rudely or coldly, more so just a curious way, so I'll continue.

I opened my mouth, trying to make up some words.

"Would you like to hang out?" I offered.

I could tell she was skeptical.

"What do you mean by that?" She questioned.

"Like watching a movie, play a board game, a game of cards, go on a walk. Something like that." I suggested.

She sighed, looking down.

"This isn't some kind of trick, is it?" She interrogated me.

My eyes grew wide as I flinched back.

"No, of course not!" I reassured, waving my hands.

"Then why do you want to hang out?"

With a sigh, I hung my head. I can't beat around the bush. I looked up and stared into the voids of her mask.

"I just want to be friends." I admitted.

I could tell she was surprised.

"No, you don't." She said before starting to close the door.

I put my hand against the door, preventing her from closing it. God, I'm probably going to regret that.

"Come on, give me one chance. I'm bored, and all my friends are busy. You're the closest person to my room, and I've been taught to overcome my fears." I lied.

She doesn't know who my friends are, maybe I can get away with it.

She sighed.

"Okay, one chance." She stated, putting up her index finger.

She then closed the door. I heard the door unlock before she opened the door. She was wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. I noticed her nails were painted black by the way she had her arms crossed.