44 | Deeper Conversation

Play: Yuna - Deeper Conversation

Remember to vote & comment, peeps!

——————————————————————————

"Is your favourite colour blue?"

The whole beach was laid out in front of them as they took a stroll at night, the wind blowing gentle breezes every once in a while, and their hands providing heat as they stayed entwined. The ocean's waves produced a calming sound, being perfectly melancholic that it could be mistaken as a seemingly fit song to accompany them on their fifth date.

Chaeyoung's eyes lingered to his when his soft mellow voice hit her eardrums, but her mouth was shut; inevitably speechless at him being a genius.

It was their time to get to know each other better, just like they did the nights before; and though it wasn't their first day opening up, there were still lots to talk about which was why they came here for a deeper conversation.

"Why? It is blue, isn't it?" His curious eyes begged to know the truth, wondering if her heart was torn or if her heart was warm based on the intuitive question he asked her.

How did he know? Her orbs lit up as she wallowed in his gentle gaze.

"You wear baby blue when you're happy," It was just a trick to see how she felt, and luckily for him; they were on the same page when Chaeyoung looked down at her flowery sunny dress.

She hit him lightly on his shoulder when Jungkook covered things up by pointing at her baby blue scrunchy, for that shouldn't count since it was what she'd wear every time; but she let him continue explaining his reasons because she loved listening to his mind.

"you have so many blue dresses at home even though you always end up wearing only one,"

She laughed.

"and out of all the Mondays I've lived with you, I had always seen you in blue be it a scarf, pants, or a shirt. But most importantly, you look the softest in that colour, bringing out your true personality that you never easily show to just anyone."

Her lips curved up listening to his detailed observation yet she was still silent; not wanting to tell him the answer just yet.

"Don't tell me I'm wrong."

Now her eyes twinkled in delight, and then she shrugged.

Her body language only made him certain that he was on the right track. "Admit it Chae, you're in love with blue." He couldn't contain it any longer when he knew he got it right.

"Not fair!" She whined in her honey voice. "How come black is not your favourite colour when you're in love with black?"

"You really can't guess it?" They've had a talk about this before, but she couldn't seem to figure it out.

"It's hard." She admitted. Sometimes she thought it was red, but up till now all he said was she was wrong and if she couldn't notice it at all.

"Look at your ring, honey. The one I got you today." At the same time, he brought out his finger that was wearing the yellowish gold pineapple-shaped ring to make it clear.

"It's yellow." She finally came to a realisation, while he went on nodding his head to confirm that fact. "No wonder there was an odd looking pair of cute yellow socks you kept inside your drawer." Memorising every detail of his stuffs was her habit when she first moved in to his room.

"You noticed that?!" He couldn't believe it for he thought he hid his lucky socks so well.

"Of course I did. Your socks were always in shades of grey." A genuine smile began to spread across her lips as she now found him quite more simple than she thought he originally was. "Now that I think of it, you also have a yellow hard covered notebook that you always bring with you to work. And your pen! It has that yellow stripe to its black and gold material. See, it's hard for me to guess because I've never really seen you in yellow before."