museum story for my English class don't mind it

This was my first time to be alone far from my home city, without my parents, for more than a day. it was the 6th of June 2020. during covid 19. I was at friend's home in Veliki Preslav, a town famous for its history and meaning for Bulgaria. It used to be the capital from 893 to 1014. I was there for the weekend. long story short arrived on Friday and returned back to my city on Sunday.

the most enjoyable day was indeed Saturday. our whole day was filled with wandering around before going to the museum. it was midday or early afternoon when we went to the already mentioned building with my friend, her mother and my friend's brother. the day was sunny and the air was so clean. all around the museum was a forest and 2 or 3 asphalted roads for people and vehicles. I bought one of those collection coins from the machine, as I was collecting them. at home, I had 3 more, from Bansko, Sofia and Plovdiv in a box with other souvenirs.

then we entered the big museum that had 2 floors. on the first floor were figures of a king and queen supposed to show the clothes and attributes. there was also a book for happy people. my friend and I stood for a picture by her mother next to the statues. i don't remember anything else there so we are moving on to the stairs to the 2nd floor. there drawings of Boris I expecting Cyril and Methodius's students with the Bulgarian alphabet. i think there were also ones representing war or baptizing. I don't really remember. the 2nd floor was the most fascinating, there were pieces of the old city like scissors, coloured glass, the church parts, stones with scripts in old Bulgarian and coins. I photographed everything and posted a few of the pictures on Instagram. 

the last thing we visited was a room where i couldn't photograph like in the rest of the museum. there was a golden treasure found in the town's old area. the woman inside said we cannot photograph since people may want to make fake copies of this precious sign of the old city. I asked a few questions about the history which the woman with a smile answered. then exited so other people can see it as well. 

when we were going out i decided to grab the pen and write in that book with happy stuff. i wrote i liked the museum and my Instagram. no one followed me sadly. then we bought drinks from the vending machine inside and continued our walk down the road I mentioned earlier. 

- december 2020