Soul Ripping Needs Privacy

The next day is Monday, and the school still isn’t open. Though, they have removed the oak from the front building; and construction workers have been working on repairs for the last three days.
   I’ve got an hour left of my shift at the shop, but there’s no reason for me to be here. I’ve finished all my assigned cars, filled out my invoices, and notified the owners. Everything is packed away and clean, well, as clean as it can get for a mechanic. So now I’m occupying my time by wandering around, completing small tasks that take no more than two minutes each. Currently I’m wiping over all the gas pumps – pointless, but at least it gives me something to do. I can hear a car pull in, but I don’t bother to look at it. It screeches to a stop right behind me – in line with the first pump on the right side. 
    “Hey handsome.” A voice calls from behind me. I roll my eyes and cringe slightly. I turn to face my addresser. Caroline.

“Hi.” I force a smile as I shove the rag into my overall pocket.

“Fill me up, would ya’ hun?” She smiles her usual bright smile that makes everyone do what she wants. She slides her sunglasses off her eyes and on to her head, pushing her honey-blonde hair off her flawless face.

“Sure.” I breathe, grabbing the pump and removing the cap off her silver, Mercedes-Benz convertible, E-Class Cabriolet.

“So they’re saying that the school might not be open for another week.” She starts. I just keep my eye on the litre gage.

“Yeah….I heard.” I sigh. 

“Oh you poor thing.” I bring my eyes to her as she opens her door and steps out. “He must be working you like a dog.” She leans next to me, wearing a pink, floral blouse, light blue, denim shorts, and beige sandals that are covered in beads. I give a small laugh and then turn back to the litre gage.

“Nah, Gary’s good.” I inform. “Tell me when.” I say when I think it’s enough.

“Stop.” She says after another moment and reaches into the backseat to retrieve her purse. I re-holster the pump and screw the cap back on; closing the sliver hatch. Caroline marches past me, whilst I follow her into the office. She waits at the payment window while I go around into the office, past Gary’s desk and through the connecting door to cashier (the only door into the cashier). I log into the computer and enter which pump had been used.

“Card?” I ask which way she’ll be paying.

“Yes…” She pulls her platinum credit-card out with difficulty, due to her false, manicure nails, which are hot-pink. She slides her card under the little slot and I enter the details. “So, you’re coming to the Halloween party down by the river, right?”

“I go every year.” I wait for the transaction to go through. “You already know that.” I smile. The receipt slowly begins to chug out.

“Just checking.” She beams at me with her chocolate-brown eyes. I drag the edge of the recite over the protruding spikes, like sticky tape. I wrap it around her card and slide it back under the little slot. I walk back out, finding Caroline waiting for me to exit with her. She links her arms around mine as we walkout the opening doors.