Chapter 3

Not long after leaving the Training Corps, I finally arrived in the Survey Corps HQ. And I felt nervous.

The looks of everybody's faces here are very deadly and serious.

Oh God, I surely don't belong here.

I got off my horse and continued looking around the place. Then I saw this tall slicked back Blonde hair guy with thick eyebrows, coming towards me alongside a woman with glasses and another guy beside the woman.

"You must be (Y/N) (L/N)." The Blonde guy said.

Wait, who's this guy?

"I am Commander Erwin Smith. I requested for you to start working here." He added. "This is Hange and Moblit."

Hange gave me this big grin and a big thumbs up, while Moblit looked at her like she's some kind of weirdo but immediately smiled after.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)." Hange said. "I hope it's okay to call you by your first name."

"Oh it's not a problem at all." I said, shaking my hands.

"I heard you do great at the kitchen there and made great food for the cadets." Erwin complimented me. "We're looking forward to have you in our kitchen."

"Thank you, sir." I said.

"Oh and you can start your first day tomorrow. Just spend the whole day taking notes about the responsibilities of the kitchen staff here." He added. "This place is not like the Training Corps. The responsibilities won't be that easy to do."

Shit, I knew it. I'd die here.

"Okay, sir. Thank you." I said.

"Why don't you lead her to the kitchen, Moblit?" Hange told the guy beside her.

"Okay, section commander." Moblit replied and smiled at me.

I nodded my head with Commander Erwin and Section Commander Hange before going with Moblit.

"I'll carry that." Moblit said and grabbed one of my bags, to show politeness.

"Oh, thank you." I said. "So, what's it like to live here?"

"Uhm, to be honest. People here are really difficult to befriend since they all are so focused with training, expeditions and stuff." He said.

"Oh, I see." I said. "This place is huge, by the way. I don't mind thinking about getting lost here though 'cause I know I'm just gonna stay in the kitchen all the time."

"Oh, no. Don't be silly." Moblit said. "Every year, only a few cadets choose the Scouts to avoid leaving the walls and get eaten by those titans. And most people here like to skip meals often, they just train."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said. "But, that's a good thing for me, I guess. Back at the Training Corps, I never get to sleep well and I also skip most of my meals."

"Yeah, well, if ever you'd like to explore the HQ, you can ask me." Moblit said. "Oh here we are."

He said and I turned my head forward before I could say thank you to his offer.

I was now in front of a huge door that says "KITCHEN" with big bold letters on top of it.

Moblit opens the door for me and I saw a woman that was kneading dough on a floured counter. She looked at me and smiled. She had curly black hair and looks like she's in her 60s.

"Hello, Miss Becker." Moblit said as she stopped with her work to walk towards us.

"Hello, Moblit. Nice to see you." She said.

She wiped the flour from her hands to her apron before reaching her hand out to me. "You must be (Y/N)."

I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Miss Becker." I said.

"You are going to be working here with Miss Becker." Moblit said. "Also, she has been here for almost 30 years now."

"Oh stop it, Moblit. Saying that just makes me feel old." She said and chuckled.

I chuckled with her. "I look forward to working with you, Miss Becker."

"So, I'll let you two get settled." Moblit said before putting my bag down on one of the kitchen chairs. "See you guys." Moblit left.

"Silly boy Moblit." She said and chuckled. "Always in a rush to see, Hange."

I smiled at her. "What are we making today, Miss Becker?" I asked, following her to the counter.

"Oh no no. It's fine." Miss Becker said, stopping in front of the dough she was kneading a while ago. "I've got everything under control, but only until tonight. I don't think I can handle being that stressful for another day." She said, explaining to me how tired she was. "That's why I am so thankful to have you here immediately."

I smiled. "So, what are the Scouts having for lunch?" I asked, as I sat down on one of the chairs.

"Oh, they are having Carrot Soup, Boiled Eggs, Boiled Potatoes and Bread as usual. Then, we have here the boiling water for their tea." She said. "They like to drink tea."

I smiled at how adorable she is in explaining everything to me. "Are there any extra responsibilities for me? Other than cooking?"

"Oh, yeah, thank goodness you asked. Or else I would've forgotten." She said. "Every dinner, the higher ranks should always be given their meal personally in their offices. But don't worry, Moblit will do the work later and you should come along for you to know where their offices are."

"Oh okay." I said. "No problem."

Miss Becker looked at me. "Do you know that you're very pretty?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Thank you, Miss Becker. You are, too." I replied.

"Are you looking for somebody? There are a lot of cute guys here." She said and I laughed softly.

"Oh I'm not-" I chuckled. "I'm not looking. My family is my top priority right now."

"Oh yeah, we all have our family as our top priority but dating won't ruin it." She said. "It wouldn't hurt to feel a little love."

I smiled at her comment. "If ever I'd find love come running for me, maybe I'll reconsider." I said.

.........

I know you're waiting for your character to meet Levi. So I'm telling you. It's gonna be in the next chapter ;) sorry for the long wait tho