A Stranger With Memories - part 1

Incheon, South Korea.

This is the final boarding call for passengers Young Soo Ah on Korean Air flight number KE 607 to Hong Kong. Please proceed to gate 2 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Young Soo Ah. Thank you.

"Jin Woo, I'm about to board on," reluctantly I tell my fiance across the phone.

"Jin Ah," he sighs, "aren't you taking the first class? no need to rush in. I still want to hear your voice."

My clingy big baby.

"I'm not. I'm flying economy. Besides...stop, stop, listen to me," I cut him before he starts to protest, "I suppose to be back tomorrow morning, but who's getting impatient asking me to book the next flight as soon as possible? It's a night flight and I'd be likely spending the time sleeping, no problem. I've passed my therapy. I'm perfectly safe."

"Is it? It's barely 6 PM over there, you can't be sleepy the next four hours. Are you sure? This will be your first time flying alone," he sounds concerned.

"I'll take sleeping pills, I'll just doze off the minute we take off."

He lets out a long sigh, but then he chuckles, "I'll just book a jet next time."

"Spendthrift-" I mumble.

"Royal-" he replies.

"You're unbelievable."

"I'm affluent, and I'm indulging you. Accept that. You're stuck with me, Yoon Jin Ah."

"Private jet for a four hours flight? Fly me to South Africa the next time you book a private jet. Or Tanzania. Zimbabwe. Morocco. Malawi. Mozambique. Botswana. Oh, I read too many travel magazines!"

"Oh, so Africa for the honeymoon, baby?"

"It's a beautiful island, I'm thinking about a honeymoon in the wild. Okay, this sounds ridiculous, I know, it isn't very me," I blush.

"Yoon Jin Ah and wild honeymoon? Wow. I like that idea. By the way, I saw your post. You looked beautiful."

"Are you sure you don't want me to cut my hair? For a fresher look. I used to always keep my hair not longer than my shoulder, you checked my old posts didn't you?"

"I did. You were beautiful, but I like your hair longer. It's just...it was soothing when I got to play with your hair when you were sleeping."

"Wait for a few hours, baby. Done with the meeting?"

"I can't wait to have you here tonight," he says huskily, ignoring my question.

I blush, as I smile back to the ground staff who bids me goodbye as I step on the airbridge following a few of the last passengers boarding in.

I find my seat and find out that I get the aisle side, with two empty seats next to me. Nice, I can move to the window seat and lean there later.

My attention is distracted by a beautiful lady holding a fussy baby in her hand, a big diaper bag in the other hand that looks so heavy from the way her shoulder sloping. She walks down the aisle looks like needs an extra hand to help. She stops at my row and slants her eyes, checking the seat number below the head compartment above me with her boarding pass.

"Baby, we're about to take off," I whisper to Jin Woo.

"Safe flight, miss Yoon. I'll pick you up in four and a half hours. I love you."

"Don't skip lunch, and don't drink too much coffee, okay? I love you too, Mr. Yoo!"

I turn off my phone and turn back to the young mother. "Do you need help, Ma'am?"