Chapter 7 Mission Salvage Adrien's Reputation

Mayor Bougerious calls the Agreste mansion pretending to be a newspaper reporter. He smiles when Adrien answers the phone. What a relief it was not Natalie, the Gorilla, or Adrien's father.   He needs to speak to Adrien about the plan for it to work.

       "Who is this again?"

     "Ah, yes, I am a reporter. I want to do an interview with you for the Paris Times."

        "Not interested, so if you do not mind, I must be going."

        "Adrien, it is to get your side to the story."

        "Story, what story is this, sir?"

      "The story about you, and that girl the blonde, what is her name?"

       "You mean, Chole Bougerious?"

      "Yes, that is it."

      "I do not have much to say about her."

      "Oh, that is alright, son."

         Adrien thought, strange the man calls me son.  Usually, only my father does this, and Marinette's parents almost did once. He sighs at the memory. 

         "You know what? I have given it some thought, and I will let you interview me." 

            "Splendid, then, let's meet at 2 p.m. tomorrow at the Effiel Tower.  Do not be late."

           "Ok, at 2 pm, tomorrow sounds great."

             Adrien hangs up and deletes all the text messages from his personal phone along with the search history from it.

         Next, he picks up the spare phone, which he uses to text Marinette.

    He exhales slowly. He thinks if I tell her the truth, she will freak.

   Marinette smiles at the text Stefan just sent her.

        Marinette's reply to Stefan

          Hi, how is life treating you?

      Stefan's text to Marinette

       Oh, you know, just the usual.                   

         Marinette's text to Stefan

           Yes, I know the feeling.

      Stefan's text to Marinette

       How are you?

        Marinette's text to Stefan

  Great, now that I have heard from you.

    Stefan's text to Marinette

     You barely know me. :(

     Marinette's text to Stefan

      Why do not you get to know me then? :)

    Stefan's text to Marinette

   It is a bad idea.

   You and me.

  Marinette's text 

   Stefan what?  why?

  Stefan's text to Marinette

    My ex-girlfriend is crazy. She uh, will not take the hint we are over.

    Marinette's text to Stefan

    Then, put a restraining order out on her.

    Adrien cringes when he reads the last text. He hates to lie to the woman he loves. What?  He can not love Marinette. She is just a friend. Besides, she hates his guts.

     He shakes his head. Then, her face comes to mind, and he blushes. Oh, boy, he is in trouble. He loves her. Ugh, why? Why her out of all people?

    Stefan's text to Marinette

   I would, but she has friends in high places.

    Marinette's text to Stefan

      If I did not know any better, you were trying to ignore me, cute thing. :)

  Adrien drops the phone. He can not do this anymore. Good thing he meets the reporter tomorrow. Maybe then he can clear his name and somehow get Marinette to forgive him.

     The next day goes by in a blur.  Adrien has his photoshoot which he is thankful is not attended by anyone except for him and his photographer.  He did his makeup himself this time, thanks to a youtube video he saw about it.

       Then, he eats a quick lunch.  Now, he gets ready for his interview. 

  He arrives right at 2 pm at the Effiel Tower.

       Mayor Bougerious is already there with a disguise on, so he will not be recognized. The cameraman rolls the tape. Adrien has no idea it is a scam.

      The young boy listens closely to the questions. He does his best to answer them.

     When the whole thing ends, Adrien shakes hands with the man. He goes home unaware that there is no newspaper on his side.        

        Mayor Bougerious pays for the video.  Once inside his office, he uploads it to the internet. Then, sends an extra copy of it to the newspaper, and all the local magazine companies.

        Find out more in Chapter 8

        bye, bye little owlets!

    -Summer out!