13. us

Hijack!

The smell of candle smoke and applause.

Lila blinks, sluggishly recognising the sandwich shop where Juda works. There's a string pressing to her chin, the circular imprint of what she assumes is a party hat uncomfortably squeezing the crown of her head.

"Listen, everyone," Namjoo announces, standing tall with a glass of fizz, "I know it's quite late for this but we're here to congratulate Dohwa's return to A3."

Lord give me strength.

"My girl wanted to congratulate you." Namjoo smirks.

Lila doesn't have the energy to roll her eyes.

"Your girl?" Dohwa frowns.

"Yes, my girl," Namjoo confirms sternly.

They exchange a tense look.

"Why are you two being like that again? Did you forget? A3 shines the most when it's whole." Juda pipes up.

"Don't make me throw up." Real Lila murmurs under her breath, grabbing a sandwich off the faux-tiered cake.

"Enjoy everyone." Namjoo gestures to the food. 

"They say if you enjoy the food, you don't gain weight so let's eat up." Juda grins, before hurrying to the counter.

She returns, bearing a plate with a big smile. "Tada, this is Juda's limited edition. It's for you, Dohwa."

"Thanks." He grins, extending his hand to take it. Namjoo slams his hand on the plate.

Dohwa scoffs. "Juda said it was for me."

Lila carelessly sheds the paper and bites into her snack, chewing with annoyance at the whole ordeal.

"My girl made it. So you can't have it."

If this wasn't a stage, I would've slapped Namjoo by now.

"Are you two even going out?" Dohwa muses.

"You heard my announcement."

"That's why I'm asking."

Lila sighs, looking to her left disinterestedly and then scowling. Of course, she's sat next to Baek Kyung.

"I'll split in half." Juda mediates, hurrying to the counter again.

The ending sound chimes.

Lila throws the hat off her head. She glares at Namjoo and Dohwa.

 "Quit fighting over a girl. It's pathetic."

She ignores everyone's bewildered stares as she stalks out of the café.

Dan Oh groans. "Ugh, that was all so cheesy."

She begins to leave too.

"Where are you going?" Kyung follows after her.

✎✎✎✎✎✎✎

"Lila-ah!" Dan Oh calls, shuffling towards her as quickly as her impractical heels would allow.

Lila tries to smile, pausing her dash home so the extra can catch up. "Hi, Dan Oh."

"How come you didn't come to school today? Are you sick?" Dan Oh frowns.

She shrugs. "No stages today except this one. It was nice."

The shorter girl pouts. "You know that Haru is back, right?"

Lila releases a genuine laugh. "Of course, silly. We live together."