Chapter 7 This is how a heart breaks

I know some of you have in mind that Malory is a bad friend, which is typical, given that she did not check up on her friend as soon as possible. Then again, meeting your ex after a while can bring out so many emotions that you space out of your present reality and go to another universe... where everything is even more complicated .(sighs)
Hope you are ready for this chapter😊. And please don't forget to like, comment and share.
*****************

Songs for this chapter are...

Rebound by Antonia

Your ocean by Tatiana Manaois

BELLE'S POV

As the receptionist takes her time to finish her call before attending to me, I can't help but write terrible reviews about her.

When she finally makes out time to attend to me, she's chewing gum and giving me attitude. This bitch.

"I need to see Doctor Andrew," I tell her while writing "receptionist is a bitch" on the fourth review paper I take. While mĺö for her to see.

"Is he expecting you?" Is the first sentence she addresses me with.

"No but he will be expecting your corpse if I don't see him soon.... Brenda"
I don't even lift my gaze to look at her. Her name patch was enough for me t"o know her name and start scribbling it on the paper.

Now I know I got her full attention because I can feel her eyes on me.

"He is performing a surgery right now, but you can wait for him in his office,"
"Please don't put that in the suggestion box. I may loose my job," she adds.

"You should have thought of that before being a bitch" I reply while dropping the paper into the box. "Oops sorry! It slipped," I tease, with a huge grin on my face. I'm a bigger bitch, bitch.

As I stroll down the hallway to my Doctor's office, the soiled walls and stained floors catch my attention. Some parts of the wall even has blood stains on them.

I make a mental note never to touch these walls, so I just place my hands in the pocket of my trouser.

When I woke up earlier at Ethan's place, hoping we could talk a little but that didn't go well since I noticed I was bleeding. I had to make a quick run home and change my outfit before heading to the hospital. Last time I was here with a short dress, Dr. Andrew gave me a hard time so today, I decided to wear a crop top and palazzo trousers.

"Room 10, Dr. Andrew" finally appears in sight. I walk straight in without knocking. I'm graced with the presence of this dark skin handsome guy.

"Hi, good day Miss.." such a goody two shoes
"Isabelle. But you can call me Bell. My friends call me Belle," I shake the hand he extended to me.
"I'm Jerome, but you can call me Jerome. All my friends call me Jerome," his attempt to take the piss out of me fails when I call him "JJ" in response. That grin on his all too perfect face fades away.

"Has Dr. Andrew been gone for too long?" I demand while sitting on the chair across Jerome and crossing my legs at ankle on the desk.

"You're a naughty one aren't you? Well he isn't going to long. Dr. Andrew will be here in less than five minutes. But for now, is there anything I can help you with?" He asks, pushing my feet off the table.

I scan his body from head to toe and that's when I notice the white lab coat he is wearing. Must be a doctor too.

"So I'm bleeding like crazy down there. And I've been pregnant for over a month and some days now." I inform him. Normally, I would never open up to a total stranger, but Jerome strikes me as someone who knows what he is doing. And I just want to leave this dumpster in the name of a hospital as soon as I can.