Inning 12 {17}

Okay so the finals will be out this weekend, And by that I mean tonight (rn its 11pm so like 1am-) or tomorrow because I've written a long ass 1555 word chapter for that shit :)

Most of my chapters been short so we need a nice long one for the finals- it took me 2 weeks to write LMFAO (I hate a lot of problems w it)

(Sorry for all the notis- I just updated all my chapters, forgive me.)

After the finals is where the real fun begins ☁

For now, EnJoY

-UNEDITED-

"That's it.. Drop your shoulders." I ordered shoyo. He was doing good with the pitch, his hand was a little shakey though. "That's nice, keep practicing into the net." I watched over him as he nodded and took position. "Uhm, noya san.." I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Oh, kageyama, whats up?" I turn to him. "Uhm.. Would you.. Catch for me?" His cheeks dusted with a fare pink. "Could you ask one of the second string catchers to do it? I'm busy with shoyo right now." I explain briefly. "..okay." He turns around, shooting a dirty look at shoyo who just smirks.

What I'm worried about right now are two things. What's going to happen when our ace graduates? Kageyama and Shoyo will really have to fight it out for the mound - and second, who would become captain. I feel like Ryusnosuke should do it, honestly. I may be a leader on the field but off the field, I'm really not fit for the role.

"Hey, that was a good one!" I praise shoyo. "Thanks, noya!" Shoyo smiled. A couple more days if practice and I have a feel shoyo will be able to have this pitch stable enough to throw in the finals

~Timeskip brought to you by the amount of episodes skipper survived in banana fish ❄~

Ukai gathered all of us first strings into the small hall.
"Boys. As you know, this is the big match. Whether karasuno gets to nationals or not." Ukai spoke. "This match will also determine the players I'll take into consideration for the ace position and the captain position." Everyone looked around as murmering filled the room. "Now! Im sure you all know how important this game is, so I won't go blabbering on about it." And this is why ukais one of the best coaches. "But, I do need to tell you something. Do not let your guards down once. Take the game slow, as soon as the game starts picking up a fast paced momentum we've lost. If it gets fast, pitchers, take your time. Fully clear your heads before even thinking about where to throw. Play the game at your own speed." Everyone nodded.

"Good. I want you all to sleep on that. Be pumped and ready for tomorrow. I believe in you guys, let's not end the third years seasons here." Ukai finished and started to walk out. "You guys are dismissed. As soon as ukai had excites I called everyone who was leaving to a stop.
"Wait guys! Come back." Everyone gathered around in a circle. "Coach is always talking about us.. But if we don't win this match, coach will most likley lose his job." I shed a light to the situation and everyone gasps in remembrance. "Mhm, so, let's not only do this for the third years.. But play our hardest for coach!" Everyone nodded and agreed

~Daichi POV~

Me and sugawara was walking out of the inside gym when he spoke. "You know daichi, sometimes I think noya is taking your role." He laughed. "Sometimes I think so too." I chuckled along. "He'd be a great captain when you're gone, don't you think?" Sugawara asked and I look down in thought for a moment. Its true, nishinoya is a great leader, but he's missing some of the most important qualities. "Yeah, yeah, but, I have someone else in mind.." I smile to myself..