Chapter 15

"Thank you," I thanked the stylist when she finished fixing my hair.

"Americano," Hana gave me a cup of coffee.

"Ah, thank you! You really know my favorite," I squealed.

Today will be our first press conference for our upcoming drama. It will be held on the company's event hall. I'm currently in my dressing room, I just finished getting dressed. I'm now only waiting for the staff to call us.

Hana opened the door when someone knocked.

"Hi!" The little visitor greeted everyone inside the room, "Noona!" He called when he saw me.

"Oh Euri, hi!" I placed my cup of coffee on the table and walked towards him.

"What are you doing here? You came here alone?" I asked when I noticed that no one was with him.  I sat onto his level and hugged him.

"It was so boring so I went out to go to the arcade but I saw your name on the door!" He excitingly told me. He reached for his bag to get something, "I have a present for you, noona."

"Really? What is it?" I helped him open his bag because he was struggling.

"Here," he gave me a cute little box with a cupcake inside, "Sejin noona and I baked yesterday. I baked one for you."

I can't take the cuteness of this child anymore. His parents must be so lucky to have him.

"Aaw, thank you Euri. I'll eat this later, this looks delicious!" I patted his head. He smiled proudly with my compliment, showing his cute dimple.

"I'll take him back, his guardian must be looking for him," Hana worriedly volunteered.

"Ah no need, I'll do it. I want to thank Sejin. I'll be quick," I insisted and handed her the box of cupcake.

"Let's go Euri," I held his hand and we went out of the door, "Where's your Sejin noona's room?" I asked, walking slowly, keeping up with his pace.

"I'm not with noona. I'm with my father. We will go to the movies later after his meeting. I'm so excited!" He cheered and skipped, he was swaying our hands.

I giggled, "Okay. You must be really excited. Where's your father? I'll take you to him."

"At the offi-" he paused and pointed somewhere, "Oh there he is! Let's go noona."

He ran and dragged me lightly to the person who looked like he was looking for someone.

"Appa!" Euri called and waved his hand. He let go of me and ran to his father.

I halted and the smile on my face slowly faded when I recognized the person.

"Euri!" he carried the child, "Where did you go? I was looking for you," a sigh of relief escaped his mouth.

"I went to Leighya noona, she's our friend!" Euri pointed his finger to where I was causing his father to look at me.

He slowly walked towards me. It felt like everything around us was in slow motion. My heart was beating rapidly, I didn't know what emotion to feel.

Father... My father Leeteuk..

"Sorry for bothering you. I've heard about you already. I'm Leeteuk, Euri's father. It's nice meeting you," He smiled and stuck out his hand.

I was breathing heavily and lifted my shaking hand slowly and shook hands with him, "I'm L-leighya. It's nice to f-finally meet you ap-," I paused, "-sunbaenim."

His smile grew wider, like every loving father would show their daughter.

"Say, you look like someone... Can I perhaps... ask who your mother is?" The look on his face softened.

I want to tell you. I want to hug and tell you everything, dad.

"Leighya!" Someone called. He bowed to the man infront of us when he reached me.

"Oh Doyoung, its been so long. You should visit our house some other time," He greeted Doyoung and tapped his shoulder.

"Ah yes, I should go next time," Doyoung smiled and nodded, "But for now, Leighya and I would get going, the staff is already calling us for our press con," he apologetically said.

"Sure, you guys go ahead. Euri and I would get going too. Good luck on your drama by the way, send my regards to Sejin."

Doyoung bowed and I also slowly did the same.

Before he could turn his back on us, I called him, "Sunbaenim."

"Yes?" He asked.

Doyoung was surprised with what I did but I can't blame him, I'm also surprised.

"U-uhm.. Please take care of Euri well." I genuinely smiled while anxiously playing with my hands.

I didn't get to experience having him as my father but seeing him right now was enough to make me happy. He didn't get to give me his fatherly love but I atleast want him to show and give it all to my brother... Euri.

He returned my smile and nodded.

"Bye hyung and noona!" Euri waved at us.

Doyoung and I both silently walked towards the dressing rooms.

"Are you okay?" He asked with his soothing voice.

"I'm.. I'm fine." I answered.

He stopped walking and held my wrist.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Euri," he apologized.

"What? No, it's okay. There's nothing to be sorry about," I assured him with my almost faint voice, being careful not to crack.

"Leigh.. I'm here for you," and with that, he pulled me into a hug.

I couldn't help but cry it all out. I'm proud of myself for holding my tears earlier. Good thing there were no people around.

"I-it hurts Doyoung. It really hurts. B-but I'm genuinely happy for them." I weakly smiled even though tears were all over my face.

"I'm so proud of you, Leigh. You've grown into a strong lady." He patted my back which brought me a lot of comfort.

"I should go back to my dressing room. Now I have to  fix my make-up again," I broke the hug and chuckled.

I still have time to fix myself. He lied to my father earlier. There's still an hour and a half before the conference starts.

Even though I wanted to stay in his embrace longer, I know that I can't. I'll hurt myself if I go deeper. I appreciate how he's here to comfort me just like before but I have to know my limit now. It's not like the old times where it was just the two of us...