Chapter 16

Weeks have passed and so did our shoots. It was so fun working with them. We all became closer, especially the 6 main casts. We were all in the same age so it was easier for us to joke around and communicate.

At first it was uncomfortable because they acted so polite around me like I was someone above them.

I was drowning from my thoughts when someone tapped my shoulder. It was Doyoung, he handed me a bottled juice and sat next to me.

We're currently on a break from our shoot right now. We're at a school, wearing school uniforms. My make-up artist just finished retouching my face so I decided to take a walk for a while and ended up sitting in a bench.

I laughed faintly because this scene seemed familiar and nostalgic.

He laughed along with me before asking, "You remember?" In wich I answered with a nod.

"Good old days." I smiled while admiring the big autumn trees infront of us.

"Do you want to tell me something?" He asked which made me freeze in my spot.

Do I want to tell him something? I do... I want to tell him a lot of things.

"No. Why'd you ask?" Because of my nervousness, I started biting the inside of my cheeks.

"Nothing. We've been working, seeing, and talking with each other for how many weeks already but it somehow feels.." He trailed off, "Feels like you know.. Like you're still distant?" He hesitatingly said and looked at me to see my reaction.

"I am?" I asked, dumbfounded.

Memories of the past few weeks started reminiscing in my head. He makes sense. I think I did became distant.

Guilt slowly creeped in my face. I sighed and turned my head away from him.

"I'm sorry if you felt that. Thank you for telling me," I shallowly told him.

"Hey," he patted my shoulder and slowly made me face him, "I'm sorry, don't get hurt. Maybe I just overthink things," he apologized.

"No, you didn't. I think I really did become distant." I admitted while looking at the ground and anxiously playing with the hem of my skirt.

"You did? Why?" He asked which made me froze for the second time around.

Oh my gosh. Now how am I supposed to tell him that his relationship with Sejin is the reason? I don't want people to look at me like I'm trying to steal Doyoung away from her.

"I-" I didn't get to finish what I was about to say when the staff called us.

"Break time is over! Scene 3 act 4, prepare now!" The staff said from his megaphone.

Thank God.

"Next time," I awkwardly laughed at Doyoung before walking towards the set.

"Okay, you owe me an explanation. Don't forget," He chuckled and followed me from behind.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Good evening to all of the people who are traveling, working, relaxing, studying, or doing chores that are listening to us right now. I am Lee Taesu, your VJ for the night." The clapping sound effects took place.

"Now, our most awaited guest. We have with us here an actress-model who is well-known on overseas and in Korea. An actress who is currently working on a famous drama with the famous Kim Doyoung and Lee Sejin, our very own Min Leighya." He clapped his hands.

I smiled and went closer to the mic to introduce myself, "Hello everyone, I'm Min Leighya. It's nice to be here!"

I'm here in a famous radio show. I'm gonna promote myself and our drama. This is my first time guesting in a Korean show.

"Yes. It's an honor to meet and have you here in our show Ms. Leighya. Wow, you're so pretty. No wonder you are well admired by people," He complimented. I denied and laughed it off.

Our conversation went pretty well. He's such a nice and smooth talker. We talked about things and answered some questions that were asked by fans, viewers and listeners. He also asked me about my journey.

"We all know that your drama is about high school love. How about you Ms. Leighya? Have you experienced being in love when you were in high school?" One of the questions said.

"I guess I did? Kind of cliche but yes, with my childhood bestfriend." I smiled even though I was baffled deep inside. I just gave out too much information!

"Oooh, so how did it go?" Lee Taesu asked, he looked very interested.

"Nothing really. We just confessed and didn't bother making it work. We had a lot of priorities in such a young age," I chuckled and drank water from my cup, "and I had to leave Korea so yes, good thing."

"Did you want to make it work though?"

I paused with his question. I.. Did I?

"Hmm," me wanting to be careful with my words, thought thoroughly first, "I think I did. Yeah, maybe I did. But you know, we were in this tricky situation. Uhm, how should I put this."

He laughed because of my panicking act, "Take it easy."

I sighed, "Well it was about his future. It's something where relationships aren't allowed in the first few years. I didn't want to intervene," I honestly said.

I wanted to be honest but I regretted a few seconds after. My freaking goodness, Hana's gonna kill me. By now, I'm sure people already got the hint of what I'm talking about.

"Oh, I think I know what you're talking about. Is he somewhat in the industry or perhaps, an idol?"

"No or maybe? I don't want to tell," I pursed my smiling lips and shrugged.

"Okay, I'm not gonna ask anymore," he laughed, "But last question about this topic. I'm sure he's already allowed to date by now, do you want him back?"

Want is a strong word. This guy is too straight forward, not even caring for my image. I don't hate him though.

I smiled, a weak but serious and genuine one, "That was a long time ago. He have his special someone already. I'm genuinely happy for them."

°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Leighya wake up!" Hana shook my shoulders to wake me up.

I furrowed my brows, eyes still closed and moved my body to face away from her, "Hana please let me rest. I have no sched and our next shoot will still be next month right? I'm so tired from yesterday," I recalled in a muffled voice. I had too many schedules yesterday, I'm sure she knows.

"Yes but it's not about that! You have to read this article! My goodness Leighya, are you okay with this? You're even trending!" She told me. I can't tell if she's worried, excited, or what.

"What article?" I asked, still not opening my eyes.

"This!" She shoved her phone in my face causing me to look at it and read the big title of the article.

I lagged for a few seconds, processing what I have read, before sitting up from my bed, "WHAT IN THE FREAKING HELL?"