Chapter One

"You gotta run, Callie! I can't hold them off much longer!" Oliver screamed. Fists pounded against the door and Oliver leaned against it, struggling to keep it shut. Unwilling to leave him, I ran to him. "Come on, we can run together!" He shook his head. "No, Callie! They won't stop until we're dead! You have to run!" Tears began to fill my eyes. "No, Oliver! I won't leave, not without you!" The pounding got louder and harder, and the door was beginning to break off its frame. "RUN, CALLIE!" I nodded and ran down the hall and out the backdoor, jumping the fence.

I turned in the alley, looking back at my house. It was quiet, like nothin had ever happened, then Oliver screamed. I ran down the alley, my vision blurry from my tears. Two days later, after stealing food and money, I packed some extra clothes and left town. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to get away. I stayed on the backroads, jumping at every sound. About four days on the road, I turned up in a small town. There wasn't much to the town, a grocery store, a gas-n-sip and a cheap run down motel.

I checked how much money I had left, and found I had about 50 dollars. I checked into the motel and paid for four days. The clerk handed me my key and I went over to my room. It had begun to rain and I was eager to get out of it. I unlocked the door, stepped inside and took off my coat. I threw down my small backpack on the bed and grabbed a towel from the closet. I took a long, hot shower, enjoying every second of it.

I pulled on some sweats and a shirt, throwing my towel carelessly on the floor. I slipped under the comforters and turned on the T.V. For some odd reason, it remained static. I clicked the remote several times, getting extremely annoyed. "Dammit!" I cursed under my breathe. Forgetting the T.V, I took my money and went out to the vending machine.
"To bad you'll never get your night time snack," I turned around, only to be punched it the throat and sent falling to the ground. "Get up," I was lifted by my shoulders and pressed against the wall, gasping for air. "You won't get away from me this time," I was punched several times in the stomach and face. I could barely breathe and I was growing weak, accepting every hit. "Please...stop," I whispered.

A chuckle answered my plead. "You don't know what you are, do you?" I shook my head. "Oh well, easier for me to take care of you then." I lifted my head, seeing a person holding a strange looking knife. "Now, you won't bother my kind ever-" She sunk the knife into my stomach. "Again." She pulled it out and let go of me. I fell to the ground, slowly bleeding out. "Hey!" The woman turned around, only to find herself face to face with a man. He held an identical knife and like me, he buried it into her body. She glowed and crackled, then dropped to the floor.

"Help," I murmured. The men rushed to me, turned me on the back. "Hey, hey! Stay with me! What's your name?" My vision was becoming clouded. "Callie," I said just above a whisper, the my head fell to the side and I went unconscious.

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! If you have any suggestions please tell me. I will probably continue this story tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for reading!
----------------------------------------------