Chapter 5: Game time

"Well, they sure look good," Li-dha said as she stood next to Asami again, a grin on her face from ear to ear.

"She sure does— I mean—"

"It's okay, say no more. But you're right, she sure has a nice booty," Li-dha said, snickering.

"Hey!" Asami hissed. Was that jealousy she just felt?

"Don't worry," Li-dha reassured, placing her hand on Asami's shoulder. "She's all yours." Asami smiled shyly with a blush on her cheeks. "Trust me, Asami. Mark my words." Asami stared at the cheerleader who walked towards some of the others who were sitting on the bench.

.

The cheerleaders burst out in another cheer when the Tiger Seals scored again, just before the buzzer went off; announcing the break of fifteen minutes. The score right now was twenty four-twenty four, not too bad. Asami smiled brightly, feeling excited.

"Team, you were awesome! But Bolin and Zyke, you two should pass over a bit more, okay?"Korra shouted after pulling out her mouth guard, excited from the adrenaline.

"Sure thing Korra, but I'm gonna freshen up and get some water first!" Bolin answered and followed the rest of the team to the dressing rooms. Except for Hanok, who followed Korra towards the cheerleading team, but Korra didn't notice until she almost reached the cheerleaders and heard her teammate behind her.

"Hanok?" Korra hissed and Hanok winked at her, hinting.

"Don't worry, quarterback. The lovely one is all yours, I'm going for another one."

"Whatever Hanok, just don't play tricks."

"Sure, Korra."

Asami smiled when she saw Korra coming into her direction, feeling Li-dha's eyes burning on her back. She tried to ignore it, remembering what Li-dha said at the beginning of the game. Asami smiled mentally as the words of Li-dha came up again, maybe she was right. Asami would try to shove away the insecurities and just go for it, what was there to lose?

"Looking good," Asami said when Korra was only two feet away from her.

"Wait, the game or me?"

"Hmm, both?"

"Same goes for you," Korra replied with a wink, holding her helmet under her arm. For a moment she thought she saw Asami blush, but it could also been from cheering all the time. "You guys looked really good, by the way."

"Thanks, so did you guys! Think we'll be celebrating after the game?" She saw Korra's expression and chuckled. "I mean, think you'll be able to win?"

"Oh, of course! Why, are you having doubts?"

"Nah, not really. Should I?"

"I'll make sure you won't need to," Korra said in a playful whisper, causing Asami's skin and stomach to tingle. "I won't disappoint you," the quarterback continued. Asami's heart fluttered and gave her a little more courage, making it enough for her to do something she normally probably wouldn't.

"Hmm, you won't disappoint me?" Korra shook her head, grinning. She felt this odd sensation she couldn't quite describe. "Well, I think I'll be the judge of that"

"Should I worry?" Korra asked, touching Asami's arm with hers. Asami sucked in a breath, feeling the skin where Korra touched her glow and tingle. Korra looked at her arm, which was touching Asami's, the skin there seemed to tingle?

"N-no, I think I won't be too hard on you" Asami answered, trying to keep the playful tone in her voice stable. "We'll see, after the game."

"Hmm, I like that idea. I'm certainly gonna buy you a drink after, how does that sound?"