Chapter 7: The truth come out

"You have no idea how long I've been hoping for that to happen" Asami breathed, looking into Korra's eyes; face still cupped in her pale hands.

"Seriously?" Korra asked, flattered. Did Asami mean? Korra never noticed, now feeling pretty oblivious. Was she that blind? Asami nodded, smiling shyly.

"Yeah, since I first came here I thought you were Well, beautiful and you just had this— There just was something about you and I—"

"That's the sweetest and cutest thing anyone ever said to me," Korra interrupted Asami and pressed her lips on Asami's again for a moment. "Thank you, 'Sami And sorry for never noticing," she continued, nervously looking away.

"Guess I was just good at hiding it, so there's nothing for you to apologize about it. And I should thank you," Asami replied, grabbing Korra's hand and intertwining their fingers.

"Wait, the coach wanted to talk to me, maybe I should—"

"Korra, it wasn't the coach that wanted to see you."

"But Bolin said that—"

"I know what he said, because I asked him to," Asami explained in a playful tone and Korra's jaw dropped.

"So? Oh, you're so sneaky," Korra said with a chuckle and carefully put on her other shoe now as well, tying her shoelaces loosely. Luckily they were very comfortable sneakers, so her foot probably wouldn't hurt too much. When she did that, Korra took the hoodie that was on Asami's lap and put it on. Korra took her hair comb to run it through her hair once more before putting it in the bag; it was the last thing that had to go in it.

"Y-you want me to do that? Comb your hair, I mean," Asami asked, blushing slightly. Korra smiled and nodded slowly.

"That'd be nice, I love it when people play with my hair," she replied and turned her back towards Asami after handing the cheerleader her hair comb.

"Oh, is that so? Good thing to know" Asami murmured, more to herself than Korra. She carefully ran the comb through the brown locks, making sure she wouldn't pull too hard if the comb would go through tangles. Korra thought she heard Asami mumble something, but decided not to respond and just enjoy the feeling of Asami's fingers on her shoulder blades and back while combing her hair. Her eyes closed automatically and her head leaned backwards a bit more, making it easier for Asami.

.

"There, all done," Asami whispered close to Korra's ear, causing the quarterback to bounce up a little from being pulled from her daze all of a sudden.

"Thanks, Asami. Guess I owe you two drinks now," Korra said, grinning. Asami snickered and shrugged.

"I'm not going to object, but I will give you something back in return."

"Like what?"

"Hmm, let me get back to you about that, later," Asami answered with a shy, but playful wink. Korra shook her head with a chuckle and stood up, wondering what Asami had in mind. She reached out her hand and pulled Asami up when she took Korra's hand, the football player grabbed her bag, zipped it shut and threw it over her shoulder.

"Let's go celebrate," Korra said excitedly and held open the door for Asami, who smiled gratefully at Korra. They walked towards the canteen together, talking about themselves in order to get to know each other better. Asami couldn't stop smiling, she was happy. She collected al her courage and took Korra's hand in hers, still a little hesitant, not wanting to go too fast with things. But then Korra took her hand first, intertwining their fingers; Asami looked up and saw Korra smile her beautiful bright smile, making it impossible for Asami not to do the same.

.

Korra wasn't sure what it meant, but when she felt Asami's hand coming closer to hers, she took Asami's hand in hers, shyly. This was all pretty new for her; especially the feelings inside her chest and stomach that she'd never experienced before. The quarterback decided to just let it all happen and see where things would lead to, but she was very certain that she liked Asami. Korra knew she'd fall in love with this girl, because the feelings were already there. The football game wasn't the only thing she won today, for her there was another reason to celebrate; she looked at Asami next to her with a wide, bright smile. She couldn't wait for the next game to come, because she'd make sure to win that one too; although it wouldn't have anything to do with football