Chapter 3: Talking

"Hey there, having a break?" Another cheerleader asked Korra, joining the two girls with a big grin on her face.

"Yeah, I really needed it. Although, I'll have to get ready in less than an hour, that's probably when my other teammates will come," Korra answered and the girl smiled at her.

"We should get ready in a little while too, right Asami?" the girl asked and Asami nodded in agreement.

"I thought you were already in your outfits?" Korra asked carefully, probably dead wrong, according to the look on the reddish-brown haired girl's face. Korra studied Asami's outfit and thought it could easily have been the outfit they'd wear during the game; their college's colors: navy blue and white. Asami chuckled pleasantly and shook her head.

"No, right now we're all just wearing shirts and shorts. During the game we wear tops and skirts; the girls I mean, the guys wear t-shirts and shorts. I thought you'd know," Asami explained and Korra laughed nervously, pretty embarrassed for not knowing.

"Sorry, but the game kinda asks all of our focus and attention; so I never really had the time to look at your guys' outfits. Sorry," Korra apologized, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. Maybe she should pay attention to the cheerleaders in the break some more in the future; they were there for them after all.

"I understand, don't worry. That's a good thing though, since we'll need it to win, right?" Asami replied and winked shyly. Korra raised her eyebrows at Asami's playful wink, but smiled then, sending back a wink. This time it was Asami who smiled, her chest feeling pleasantly warm.

"Eh, I'll be back in ten or fifteen minutes; bathroom," the girl said, stood up and shot a look at Asami before she walked away.

.

"What wa— Nevermind," Korra mumbled, laughing it off. It was probably none of her business anyway, if Asami wanted to say anything about it she probably would tell her herself.

"I don't know" Asami muttered, cheeks burning; it was probably more than obvious that she wasn't being totally honest. She nervously played with a strand of her hair that gotten out of the loose knot-like ponytail, curling it around her finger.

"Maybe she has to tell you something later, maybe that's what the look meant?"

" I think I already know what it's about, if my assumptions are right I'll have to tell her something," Asami said, ending in a voice that sounded kinda annoyed. Korra couldn't help but laugh, the sudden change in Asami's voice and expression was rather amusing to her. "What's so funny?" Asami asked in reply to Korra's laugh, confused.

"Sorry, nothing. Or well, I mean; one second you're being cute and play with your hair and the next you're Please don't take this the wrong way, but well, kinda bitchy."

" I'm not bitchy!"

"Uh oh, that's what I was afraid of— I didn't mean it negatively, not at all! Because I can tell you're not bitchy, not like a lot of other girls. You're cutely bitchy," Korra said, hoping she didn't offend the cheerleader too badly. "If that even makes sense Sorry, I'm a total dork," she continued and sighed at herself.

"It does, to me. I think I understand what you're trying to say, thank you for the compliment?" Korra noticed Asami's tone and nodded while smiling.

"Yeah, that certainly was a compliment! Come on, you deserve it, plus I'm just being honest and spilling my thoughts. Which I maybe shouldn't do as much as I do"

"Being honest is a good thing, Korra. I'd rather have people being honest with me and it hurting sometimes, than having people lie to me to spare my feelings. Because in the end it'll hurt much more after finding out it wasn't the truth," the cheerleader told Korra.