013. never meant for it to happen

i wasn't going to update again tonight but a lot of u came from my tiktok so hello :]follow my tiktok hehe @malfoyphilia

follow my tiktok hehe @malfoyphilia

the chapter youve all been waiting for is coming soon

-

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻.

"I GOT YOUR letter, Stella," said Draco. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I know that was the purpose, but him saying it out loud was kind of — definitely embarrassing. I gave him a tight-lipped smile, and he just looked over at me. "I don't know." He said.

"I don't know why I did that," he confessed. "Something just came over me," he exhaled. "I wanted to kill him, Stella. I really fucking did."

I could tell Draco was stressed — or angry. I didn't know what it was, but something was terribly wrong with Draco. He was shaking. His jaw was clenched tightly. His breathing was uneven. Everything about him just screamed 'absolutely fucking furious'.

"I never meant for it to happen," said Draco. "I just couldn't control myself." His fists were clenching and unclenching. I exhaled, as I thought of something. I walked over towards the desk in my dorm. I rummaged through a drawer, trying to find what I was looking for. My fingers grasped the beige-colored book and I pulled it out of the drawer. I closed it and set it on my desk. I opened it to the front cover and scribbled something with my quill. Then I walked back towards Draco.

He was staring at the wall with a blank expression. I tapped his shoulder gently. He turned his head away from the wall and looked at me. I handed him the beige-colored book and he looked at me confused. I gestured for him to take it, and he did.

His hand opened it, revealing the inside my cover. My writing that said 'read to me' was sitting on the cover. He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow and I just nodded in response. He shifted towards my bed and laid down. He patted the spot next to him, signaling me to lay down next to him. My lips twitched upward, as I wanted to smile. I crawled towards the spot he invited me to and sat up against the headboard.

As the words from the page fell out of his mouth, I let out a sigh of contentment. It felt good. Draco's voice was nice to listen to. His voice spilling every single thought the author had.

The rays of sunlight filled my eyes as my eyes fluttered open. I looked around, adjusting to my surroundings. I was only in my room. Next to me laid a beige-colored book on the green-colored sheets. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering where it came from. I had never read it. I picked it up and opened it.

On the front cover, it read 'read to me'.

Fuck.

Draco was in my room last night. When did he leave? I turned, feeling a pain shoot up my neck. My eyes closed as I hissed in pain. I lifted my hand up and rubbed it, attempting to soothe the pain. I turned again, hand still on my neck — Pansy was laying in her bed, snoring loudly.

Pansy always snored. It was quite annoying, really. I still love her.

My mind shifted to Draco's really blonde hair and him reading to me last night. What he did to that Weasley fucking prick because of what he said to me. Something about that.

Fuck.

No, Stella.

You're not going to let him in.

Remember what letting people in means.

It means you'll have to tell them. You'll have to tell them what happened.

I need to remember what Mother said. Nobody can know.

I sighed.

I'm going back to fucking sleep.

"Stella! Wake the fuck up!" I shot up and gasped. Pansy was standing next to my bed, dressed in her purple pajamas.

Purple pajamas? Again? What the fuck, Pans?

"Let's go to breakfast."

Pansy and I changed clothes then went to the Great Hall. When we arrived, the rest of our friends were already there and having conversations amongst themselves. Blaise was the first to notice us. He smiled brightly and waved at us, his white teeth on display.

Pansy and I sat down, and I avoided Draco as much as possible. I'm not going to get involved with him anymore than I was last night. That was the last and only straw.

"Malfoy, did you ever get detention with Umbridge for what happened to Weasley?" Theo asked Draco.

"Nope, I did not. Snape just yelled at me." I heard Draco's voice. I didn't even look at him, though.

"Lucky prat," Blaise said, lifting his red-tinted hand up. I furrowed my eyebrows, and snatched his hand. "Whoa!" he said, shocked. I looked at his head that said 'I must not pick fights' and sighed. The woman is bloody torturing him. I rubbed the pad of my thumb over the words on Blaise's hand and he winced. It still hurt him, even if he didn't say it. The sound he let out and the hitch in his breath spoke a million words.

I let go of his hand and he yanked it back towards his robe-covered body. I sighed. I hated seeing my best friend that way. He truly deserves the world.

I observed the Great Hall, looking around at all of my pupils. My eyes landed on the Gryffindor table — specifically the two best friends. Granger and Potter. Granger was scowling at me and Potter was looking at me with a vacant expression. I scoffed. They're acting like I did something wrong.

I smiled at them widely, and stuck up my middle finger. Then I rolled my eyes. They both looked away immediately, staring at their food like it was something really fucking interesting me.

I'm not dealing with anyone's shit today. They can sod off, really.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Timothy Redland. Phoenix's best friend — old best friend. He was looking at me with a sad expression and I furrowed my eyebrows.

He hasn't talked to me since Phoenix— never mind. "Hi," he greeted. I raised my eyebrows at him, signaling for him to go on. "I'm sorry for your l—"

I turned around abruptly, picking up my fork quickly and picking at the eggs on my plate. I heard him sigh. I heard the patter of his footsteps receding, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I don't want to talk about him.

vote + comment :)