015. the burning sensation

hearing all ur theories about phoenix is so fun!!! what other theories do you have about other things?

what do you think happened to phoenix?

emjoy :) u guys r so sweet i dont deserve u all mwah

- brook

-

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

THE OTHER DAY, I don't know why — but my necklace burned my chest so badly. It was a random burning sensation that was sent through my entire body. It burnt my chest and my right arm specifically the most.

My chest is understandable — but my arm? Why did my fucking arm hurt?

I wanted to know why. I needed answers an I needed them now. There was only one thing I could've done, and it was to write to my mother — or my father. I'll take my mother.

Mother,
The other day my necklace started to burn my chest. What does that mean? It burnt my right arm as well. Is that a sign? Why did it even burn?
Write me as soon as you get the chance. I want answers.
Stella Slater

I decided to go to the Owlery and send it off. After I did that I went back to my dorm. Pansy wasn't there. She told me she was going to hang out with Adrian Pucey. Hanging out definitely means something else — especially with Adrian and Pansy. I really hope it doesn't mean anything bad. I mean, I know for a fact it means something — there's no way my necklace would burn for no reason. It obviously meant something.

I really have a feeling that my mother is going to lie about it, though. I love her to death but she tends to lie about important things. Sometimes I really do wonder what else she has lied to me about. Something important? Probably.

The Three Broomsticks with my friends a couple hours ago was fun. Theo likes Daphne, which Blaise had whispered to me. Blaise really loves to gossip. I don't know why, but he just always has. He knows everything about everyone. With that, he also tells me everything. Possibly a little too much, as well. I still love him.

Thinking back, Phoenix knew a lot. He knew everyone. He was always nice to everyone. He never believed in house discrimination. He believed everyone was equal. He didn't even believe in blood supremacy either. He loved everyone, unconditionally and truly.

I learned a lot of things from Phoenix. Everything, really. As soon as I was old enough to learn that my father was not the role model I wanted, Phoenix became the person I looked up to. He taught my everything I've ever known. I remember he'd always give me life lessons, which I'd tease him about. He always acted like a father figure to me, and I always took advantage of it.

Oh, how I miss his life lessons and him acting like the father.

Father was always there for Dominic, but never for us. Phoenix had to be his own father. He had to be his little sister's father as well.

He did so much for me. When father was being mean, he would come hang out with me in my room and we would talk for hours. Sometimes we would even stay up until four in the morning just laughing and listening to music — sometimes even dancing. He always made everything so much fun.

It sucks that my father and Dominic fucking took advantage of him.

I hope they learned. I really hope they learn and I hope it's fucking eating them alive. I hope they regret what they did to him everyday of the rest of their fucking lives. The amount of hatred I have for them everyday grows. Every single fucking day.

I haven't seen Dominic since school resumed, now that I think about it. I really am not complaining. It's weird. I never see him sitting at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. He's never there.

Mother always tells me that Dominic thinks that I don't love him. He thinks I always chose Phoenix over him. I wonder why. I fucking wonder why, Dominic. Phoenix was always there. Dominic wasn't. I used to feel bad that Dominic felt that way, but not since Phoenix— I feel no remorse anymore. Not for Dominic, not for Father, not for Mother, not for anyone.

The only person I'd ever feel remorse for was Phoenix. I felt guilty. I still feel guilty about the incident. I don't think it'll ever change, really. It sucks.

Phoenix turned me into the person I am today, and I will forever thank him for that. I hate myself every single day for not being able to show Phoenix the way he raised me to be. Phoenix was two years older than me, but he taught me more than anybody twenty years older than me ever taught me.

I always remember all the little things Phoenix used to do. When he would come in my room and just flex his arms in the mirror, acting like he was the hottest and strongest person in the world. We used to have these nights dedicated to listening to music. We used to listen to Muggle music and hide it from Father, because he wouldn't approve of Muggle songs. We used to give the house-elves rewards when Father, Mother, and Dominic weren't around. We would play this game where we would put our hands in each other's neck and see who tapped-out first. He bought me a charm bracelet one year on my birthday and every year that followed on my birthday he would buy me another charm to add to it. Every single time he went to Hogsmeade he would bring me sweets from Honeydukes. He would always recommend me Muggle songs to listen to.

I am thankful for every little thing he did back then. Those truly were the days. He did so much more and I just miss it all. There's not a moment that goes by where I don't think about him.

Phoenix, my best friend.

Please come back to me. It's lonely without you here.