Chapter 9: Time

I felt like  I was floating on top of the world. Everyone was looking at me, but not in the great a nerd look, but more of the boys drooling and oggling while the girls have jelousy raging in their eyes.

      Making my way quickly down the hall I stop by Ms. Andersons room. I walk and smiling when I see her back turned and she is writing something on the board.

"Hello, Ms. Anderson. I just wanted to say hi and thank you before class started for the day."

     She turns around and smiles quickyl before going back to writing something on the board, but quickly turned back to look at me, she even dropped the expo marker. Giggling I pick up the marker and hand it back to her smiling.

"Yeah, Jemma, your completely welcome, just please come to visit, cause I know your going to get in. Now how about a hug before you rush off to your first class."

      Smiling I hug her tightly and then grab my purse bag and head to class. Sitting in my usual seat I get confused looks. Throughout my classmates would turn and look at me. The girls would make rude comments, while the boys made perverted. Hey they were used to me in baggy jeans or sweats, and then loose t-shirts or jackets... So this was new to them.

     When lunch came around I couldn't hide back my nervousness, since this morning Joshua was either not in the class or was called in for football. All I knew is we haven't talked since that morning and I really wanted to. 

    Walking into the lunch room everyone goes silent before I make my way to the line and  pick out my normal lunch.  I am about to pay for it when a muscular comes passed mine and pays for me. I turn around to thank them, when I find the biggest flirt and man whore in my school Tyler.

"So it looks like your new here, would you like me to show you around?" He asks with a smirk. I meet him with my very own smirk before saying

"You really are a blonde, because I have known you since fourth grade and we did go out in middle school for a day, before I dumped your sorry perverted butt. Now if you excuse me,I would like to sit and enjoy lunch with my twin."

     I turn and walk away before forgetting something. I turn back around and say "Also, thanks for buying me my lunch, even though I get free." With that I strutt to my seat and sit next to Emma and across from Alex.

     We were cracking up about what I did to him, since I needed to still get him back from middle school. All I knew now was that I have felt better and bolder than I have ever before.

       We are bubbling about class and my new look when a tray sets itself next to mine and a girl from the cheerleading squad sits next to me and then the group joins. Emma, Alex, and I carry on our lunches not even paying attention to them.

          Now was the time. The time that will decide my future. I had a free period before the end of the day so I went to the theater an practiced and set up what I was going to do. Emma got out of class thanks to Ms. Anderson dating the principle and she was here also for moral support. We hear the final bell ring. Now we sit and wait for the time to reach 3:15.

      The time ticks slowly before we hear the door crack and the principle walks in leading 3 people down the row.  There was a man and two women. I walk off and greet them after Ms. Anderson. The man was the vice priciple, he was mid-aged and had dark brown hair. The first women was the principle and she had the blackest hair and emerald eyes, the final women was the recorder and sound booth, she was dressed for style/comfort and had her firey red hair in a bun and forest green eyes.

      We set them up before I walk onto the stage. After so many years of practicing and hiding I start off. With a simple song from mine. The song that was first preformed at the dance, then the one I wrote for myself, and finally the one I would sing to Joshua my last day, if I have one.

     Once I finish each song I let them collect their notes, while I drink some water and change instruments.

       After the final one is sung I sit on the stool on stage and wait as they converse together about it. I am nervous, my left leg bouncing up and down, and biting my lip.

     I hear and cough and look up to find them looking at me, the all had straight faces before the recorder, beams at me as the principle says

"Welcome to the school, Ms. Jemma."

Smiling I walk down the stage and shake everyones hand. When I get to my new principles and shake her hand and say

"Thank you so much, this is an honor, oh and can I please go by Taylor Swift there. I am a new person and I am proud to be one." Nodding her head I keep my cool before they leave the autotourium  and I run up to the back and jump with Emma while screaming our heads off.

     I finally made it, my dream came true, now all I knew is life is short and we shouldn'tv hide, now how was I going to tell Alex and Joshu about this.