Chapter 7: New day, New options

Throughout the weekend I was stressing the whole time, thinking someone figured out it was me. Emma tried to calm me down by going shopping and helping me record some of my newer songs, only I was there, but I wasn't, do you get me?

      That Monday I didn't want to go to school. Only Emma was the one to drag me out after asking daddy to make my favorite breakfast and then promise to bring me lunch today. Smiling I eat my french toast with bananna slices and  syrup, enjoying the sweetness from it. After that I was going to change into sweat pants and an old school t-shirt, only for Emma to come in and shove me into my only pair of skinny jeans. Next was one of the gag gifts that she bought me last year. Then throwing a pair of her flats at me it was complete and I was finally ready to go to school.

Pulling up I didn't know what Joshua or Alex would think of my new look. Only time will tell.  Pulling up I sneak past everybody and sit down in my seat, making sure my curly and unruly rich blonde locks cover my face. Luckily I didn't have Alex or Joshua for my lesson  so I worked and no one knew me. 

      Soon the bell rung and I bolted out of my seat and headed to class. Now I had Alex in my class and I was  a little nervous  because she has never seen me dressed up in preppy clothes, but my normal tomboy look.

    Sitting down I hear the seat next to me slide out before looking at me. I hear a gasp, before she could ask the bell rings and class starts. In the middle of the lesson the intercom comes on and I hear the principles voice.

"Ms. Jemma Swift please report to Ms. Andersons office. I repeat, please report to Ms. Andersons class."

      With that I collected my things and headed out the door to the familiar English room.I knock before entering and find her with her glasses on and grading something. With that I come in and sit at the seat in front of her desk. I wait until she looks up and smiles at me. Nodding I wait for her call.

"Pkay deay, first thank you so much for last night you did a great job, and have an awesome voice. Now the second part I have some good and bad news which do you want first?' she asks

"Let me hear the bad news first, then the good will take away the pain." I say nervously

"Well I recorded the whole thing and someone got a hold of it and heard you." She says while smiling.

I gasp, no one should of heard me in the first place and then so if that was the bad news what was the  good. I new Ms. Anderson saw my worried face as she came around in front of my and looked me in the eye before saying

"The good news was it was a record label and the private school down the road, they would like to hear you sing again and might sign you into the school and label. What do you think?" 

All I coudl do is sit there. Letting it all sink in. I look into her eyes with mine pleading her that she wasn't joking. She shakes her head smiling at me.  I knew then that it wasn't a dream and I finally got my chance to go to the top. Smiling nervously I said

"Can I give you answer by tomorrow. I need to think this over and what I will do with all my family." Nodding her head I smile and hear the bell go off.

'Now get out of my room I have a class to teach and you have lunch." Hugging her I head outside into the cramped halls on my way to lunch to find Emma.

I see her and drag her outside befire we head inside. Taking her to a  tree and pull her behind it and tell her everything. I watch as her shicked face turns into a smile before I am pulled into a bone crushing hug.

     Since the news we decided to call dad since it was his day off and tell him the news. Before the lunch bell went off Emma and I were called for check out and we knew dad was going to spoil us.