ACT ONE. Scene IV.

"Drink this."

I looked down at the porcelain tea cup in front of me. My reflection swam around in the light brown liquid as I took the cup into my hands. My hair was still wet and my eyes were still terrified. When we reached his room Darrius had me change out of my wet clothes and into an extra pair of his sleepwear. It was large on my body but comforting. Was this how Tania felt when she wore his clothes? I brought the tea to my lips, still blue with ice, and took a small sip.

"Thank you." Certainly, I had more to say but that most eloquent statement my mind could come up with.

"Don't worry about it." I watched as Darrius grabbed his burgundy blanket from his bed and wrapped it around my shoulders. He sat on the edge of the bed beside me.

"What were you doing in the lake?"

I went for a swim. Even that wasn't logical, but nothing was logical about what had just occurred. Divion Mon Ner, I could smell the scent on him. Unlike the other boys the scent didn't leak. It was subtle, just enough to be draw my nose to him, but not enough to beg for my attention.

"I don't know." I finally replied and took another sip of the tea. It was strong yet sweetened with honey. Was Darrius sweetened with honey? My heart started to pound again.

"Amber she..." I was about to speak my truth when the door to the room swung open. My eyes jolted upward to see Tania; her judgmental eyes burned through my skin.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Nothing!" I jumped to my feet in defense and dropped the sweet tea in the process. 

"Get out!" I obeyed the order like an obedient dog to his master. I ran past Tania and down the hall as fast as I could. I could hear the young romantics shout behind me.

"She needed my help!"

"Don't lie to me Darrius. Are you fucking her?"

No we weren't fucking. He pulled me out of the lake. He had pulled me from the clutches of Amber and saved me from my death. By the time I reached my room my chest was tight. I doubled over in front of the door and tried to catch my breath.