[3]

{Y/N POV}

The day felt like it dragged on forever. That is until I got to music class. I introduced myself like I did in the others and we all sat down to play. Well everyone but me. The director hasn't assigned me a part yet but he says I can play whatever feels most comfortable for the time being.

I look over to the grand piano. Hm... maybe I should show off a bit. While they warmed up I sat with the piano in the back and began to "warm up". I played my scales with skill. And not just the Major's and Minors. I started to lose myself in the music and proceeded to play a cover I had been working on. Devil Town by Cavetown. He's such a comforting artist.

After going through the full song I realized what I was doing. Crap. I distracted them too much. I muttered, "S-sorry sir..." The director and the ensemble were all looking at me. Why won't they stop staring. Did they not like it? Was it because I showed off? Oh god oh god what now. The director finally opened his mouth. "Where did you learn to play like that...?" I turned shyly and looked at the floor. "I taught myself..."

The class was dumbfounded. Which I understood naturally. I mean someone of my caliber is self taught? It's not entirely true but in a way it is. I started with the basics for almost every instrument by myself in my dads studio. But once my parents found my so called talent they hired teachers of all kinds.

After that fiasco we covered a couple of simple pieces and the day dragged on once more. I returned to my dorm and picked up my trumpet. I walked around until I found a quiet place to practice that wasn't the dorms or the music room. There was an oak tree right outside one of the gyms. It had nice shade the gym looked empty so I wouldn't be bothering anyone.

I took my instrument and did a quick warm up I had learned at an old music camp. Completely lost in the music I started improving a jazz solo. Then suddenly,,,,

BANG

I felt a ball hit the back of my head like a bag of bricks. I instinctively hunch over protecting my instrument from harm. The ball bounced on the floor a few times before rolling away. I felt my head thump loudly.

"Sorry about that..." A deep voice spoke. "God...? Is that you?" I questioned if I was dead or not to the voice after all it was quite bright when I opened my eyes. "What...? No I'm Ushijima Wakatoshi...." The voice spoke again. My eyes finally settled as I looked at the tall boy with olive hair from the train station.

Soon a familiar face ran up to us. Satori. "Y/N-kun are you alright!? Geez miracle boy...you almost killed my cousin!" Ushijima looks at Satori and then to me. "but... he doesn't have red hair."

Did he...? Either he's really stupid or really blunt. I sigh and step back from the two. "If you two volleydorks don't mind, I would like to get some practicing done today thank you." Satori tensed and laughed. "Fine fine. But Wakatoshi-kun get him ice. After all you did cause the ball to hit his head." Ushijima nodded before I could reject the ice and ran off.

"I don't need it Satori... I'll be just fi- OW HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" He lightly tapped my head where it got hit. "See you do need it jazz man." Man... that word it filled me with joy. "Besides I saw the way you looked at Wakatoshi-kun."

The way I looked? But there's no way... I'm forbidden to date. I didn't look at him in any such way. "You're full of sh..."

__________________

To Be Continued!