Chapter 2

*Unedited*
_____________________________
#RECAP#

Vanessa- "hey you little squirt." I say playfully and hugging her back.

I crouch down to her level and pull back.

Emily- "not that I'm not happy, but, why are you here?" She asks me.

Vanessa- "oh nothing, I just wanted to tell you something."

Emily- "well.....?" She says crossing her arms over her chest.

Well damn. For a 6 year old, she holds a lot of sass.

Vanessa- "today you can go to one of your friends houses, ok? You can go to Gabby's house." I tell her and she smiles brightly and runs of to her best friend gabby telling her the news.

Vanessa- "bye Emily!" I yell out to her as I leave.

As I do, I hear a faint, 'Bye Vanny.' I chuckle at the nick name and race to my high school to finish the rest of my classes.

#RECAP~OVER#
_____________________________

:Vanessa's POV:

The bell rung loudly in the class room, signaling it was time for the students to leave. I hastily grabbed my book and tossed them into my book bag and hurried out of the room and ran down the hall.

I knew for sure that henry had gotten the phone call and was angry at me and Emily. Good thing she was at her friends Gabby's house. She would be safe from Henry, I would never tell him and he could never get her. At least, not when I'm still breathing.

I would have to get to Henry at least in an hour, so he can be fuming his angrier on the beer bottles and vodkas he drinks. Even I know I might get a worst beating then usual, but I need to protect Emily and myself at all costs. If I'm gone, Emily is vulnerable.

I ran out of the school door and began to walk on the sidewalk once a was a few blocks from the school. I knew if I took the regular way home Henry would find me, so I went on the further outskirts of town.

I walked at a slow pace enjoying the peace and quiet as I walk down the sidewalk. I like the fresh air and smell of fresh grass and blossom trees outside, but I never get most time to myself with Henry and his lazy jackass.

I was so focused on my thoughts and the calming outside aura that I bumped into a wall. I fell back on my butt and groaned.

Vanessa- "owwww"

I look up to see a guy around my age with a surprised look in his face and he quickly apologized.

Guy- "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you."

He quickly helped me up and I wince when he pulled me up. I wasn't use to people touching me without hitting me or something. It was foreign to me. He noticed and quickly let go of me once he got me on my feet when he saw me flinch and wince once he touched me.

Vanessa- " I'm fine" I said and quickly brushed passed him and I fixed my shades and pulled my hood back up so it covered my eyes and hair mostly.

I ran down the street and took a quick right and the woods was in front of me. I didn't know why I ran there but I just got I gut feeling. I shook my head and turned to walk the other way when I heard a voice.

"Come, follow the sound of me."

I turn back to the woods and look into it. All I saw was some thick trees and it was a bit dark in it. I realized the sun was setting and I was going to get in so much trouble. I quickly took out my phone and called Gabby's parents, I told them if Emily can sleep over quickly and they reluctantly agreed after asking if I'm alright and me answering I'm fine. I hung up on them and looked back at the woods.

"Follow me, follow the voice. Go on, come a head."

I hesitated before starting to walk into the woods. All I could think about is what I'm hoping won't happened. And that is not ending up like the stupid blonde in cheesy horror movies. I continued into the woods as the sun was setting further but was still out, at least 3/4 of it was.

The sun filled with hues of oranges, pinks, and blues and purples. I continued to follow the soft melodic voice into the woods.

"Your almost there. Don't be afraid. Just come on. Follow my voice. I'm here."

The voice cooed out to me. I ended up in a small clearing and it was burning a bit and the fire was catching the trees in a circle around the clearing. I went to run out of the clearing but I was trapped. I turn back and found a huge fox in front of me. I gasp and walk back.

The sun was now setting was only a fraction of its size out. The fox got closer to me as the sun was getting closer to leaving the sky. Then it happened very quickly and I barely had time to think of it. The sun was about to set and the fox charged at me and jumped into me. The fox disappeared into my chest and I fell back.

I passed out in the clearing. The fires surrounding it in a circle. The sun finally left the sky and all I could think of was......

I'm i dying?
_____________________________
(A/N: I hope you enjoyed this interesting chapter. Who was the guy? What was the voice? What the hell was with the fox? The fire? Is Vanessa dying?

Just remember to.................

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW ME!!!! )