2

Parker

"So, Park, What'd you think of her?" Danny asked once Parker came back inside, smiling like a fool

"She's alright" Parker nodded, grabbing his and her plate and taking it to the sink

"Just alright? You didn't talk much at all at dinner" Danny pointed out

"Not much to talk about when you're flappin your mouth" Parker responded

"Oh hush. I see the way you been lookin at her all night, even back at the grounds. There a reason you wanted to rodeo in the same four places all summer?" Danny asked

"Lots of recognition. I don't like her, Dan" Parker said

"Hey now, whoever said anything about you likin her? Im just curious, is all" Danny smirked and took his plate to the sink

"She's pretty, don't get me wrong. But I ain't ever been held down, and I don't plan and startin with her" Parker said

"Ah, I see. So you won't mind if I invite her back over here a few times?" Danny asked

"Why would you do that?" Parker asked

"Seems like a good kid, real lonely too. Couple friends might do her good" Danny shrugged

"Whatever man" Parker shrugged and went to his room

Bo

The drive home was long and lonely. She was used to being alone, she had been all summer. Her rodeo money barely paid for her bills, so she had to sell all the cattle on her land except for 10 heifers and 2 bulls.

Bo pulled into the county road that lead to her house and sighed. Parker and Danny would be her first friends shes made all summer. Sure, people had always come up and talked to the pretty girl at rodeos and kept in touch every now and then, but no one ever really stuck around past a week. She was good for cute pictures and 15 seconds of fame, then she was discarded and onto the next few people that craved attention.

Well, Bo was almost positive Parker hated her. Maybe because she's done so good that summer, or because they were supposed to be rivals. Danny, however was very nice, and she could live with being friends with just one instead of both.

If she was being honest, she thought Parker was kind of cute. But who didn't? He was a pretty popular roughie around these parts.

As Bo pulled into the driveway to her house, parked the truck and let her horse out of the trailer, she sighed once more. What a long, slow summer it'd been. Well, really, it went by pretty quick. But she remembered the days between rodeos, sitting at home wishing she had someone to call. Often times she found herself going out to the fields and riding her horse or checking the cattle. Thankfully, calfing season would be soon and she'd have her hands full then.

Summer would be over in less then a month. She would do self home school, which was much more easy then going to real school. She would be going into her junior year. She would continue doing rodeo until snow flied, and all winter she would would practice for the next summer.

Before she knew it, Devil was in the barn, and she was inside sitting on the couch.

Bo opened her laptop, intending to look up any soon rodeos, but found herself looking at Parkers instagram. There was three pictures on the entire page; One of him on a bronc, one of him and Danny at what looked to be a branding, and one of some girl and him sitting under a tree. That was the most recent one.

Well that explains it, Bo though, he has a girl friend.

A little upset, Bo ended up going to bed on the couch, cuddled up in a fluffy blanket, still in her rodeo clothes.