11

"As you mean, you can't ... not even with pills or a pump or something?" I asked. He bowed his head and shook it sadly. "Why?" I asked and took his hand.

"M ... It was difficult for me to find a sexual partner. Everyone was always laughing at me."

"I won't do that! I promise!" I called immediately.

"I know, honey." He smiled and stroked my hand.

"What is it, Mal?" I asked worried.

"I haven't been able to get tough ever since I found out I'm gay." He whispered. "I ... I think it's something psychological. You know, my parents ... Oh, it doesn't matter. I love you Ang." He kissed my cheek and looked back at the screen. Our hands were together and I looked at him in disbelief. His parents? What had they done to him !? What had they done to my Malcolm that he was scared !? Why did these bastards do something to him !? Why did they throw him out !? He couldn't help it! They ruined his life! I leaned my head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around my waist.

*

After the film was over, we drove home in silence. I got off at my campus.
"I love you honey." I said.

"I love you too, dear." He smiled and gave me a kiss through the window.

"Drive carefully." I warned. He giggled and drove off. I watched him go for a moment until I went to my room with a sigh. It tormented me all night. What had they done to him?