6

Malcolm turned to me so that he had his back to Roger. I mean ... Roger was pretty cute so it wouldn't be surprising if the two were a couple. Another man was talking to Roger.

"Cheers." Malcolm smiled and raised his glass. I giggled tightly and also raised my glass to toast it with his. We both took a sip. "Yeah, it tastes pretty good." Malcolm looked into his glass. "What exactly was I drinking there?" I started laughing. He grinned at me. "Your laugh is beautiful, darling." I blushed.

"It's tonic with a little vodka and lemon." He licked his lips.

"I didn't know it yet, but it tastes very good." I saw Roger's hands clasp Malcolm's stomach and leaned forward.

"Why does he touch you like that when you're just buddies?" I whispered. Malcolm tensed a little. Did I screw it up? "You don't have to answer." I said quickly.

"No. It's okay. "He muttered." You know, honey ... Roger's blind." I froze.

"He is..."

"Yes. Since three months."

"What happened?" I asked in shock.

"It was an accident in his chemistry lab. He doesn't feel so safe with a stick yet. Soon he will have a dog. I wanted to get him out of his apartment, so I got him from Canberra. He lives there. So that he's not alone, you know. He's holding onto me because he's still pretty scared of what I can understand. Tomorrow he's going home by train." I nodded.

"That's why you haven't been there for the past few weeks." I whispered.

"What? You were waiting for me here?" He asked in surprise and grinned at me.

"I ... well ... you know ..." I stuttered. He giggled and stroked my hair.

"I missed you too, Angus." He grinned. I blushed. Roger tightened his grip on Malcolm's stomach. Malcolm turned to see other men teasing Roger. Malcolm sighed and finished his drink. Then he handed Roger his. "Drink this up, Rog. Then we can go." The blonde nodded and started drinking. I panicked. How long would I not see Malcolm again !? The two paid for their drink and then got up.

"Wait! Can I see you again?" I asked pleadingly. He nodded and wrote me his number on a scrap of paper.

"Call me." He winked. I smiled and then watched him walk out of the bar with Roger by the hand. I smiled down at my glass. He was so beautiful. And I was in love. Butterflies buzzed in my stomach. When I had finished my drink, I left the bar. There was still the drag queen who was there on my first visit.

"Hey sweety. Found someone? You look happy." I was still smiling heavily and nodded eagerly.

"I got the number from someone."

"Really?" She grinned at me and hugged me. Why did I feel so safe? "If you need someone to talk to, give me a call, okay?" She held out a card to me.

"To talk? Aren't you doing other business?" I giggled.

"Yes, just talk. What are Dragmothers for?" I smiled.

"Thanks." I said goodbye and walked home happy. I had the number of a beautiful man who was my crush on top of that and the number of someone who would help me if I needed help. I fell asleep happily.