Sundew tries out for the football team

Hi everyone! I am now up to 11 reads! I guarantee that this chapter will be interesting, and I will be sure to add a little more Sunlow for those of you who ship it. I'm also going to add some 'Girls can play football' spirit, just because I am a girl who loves playing football.

If you are in the middle of a high school hallway, and a million people are staring at you because you are a girl who has signed up for the football team, then you are in the exact same situation as Sundew. 

People were muttering stuff like, "She's a girl, there's no way she can play." or "Girls are too wimpy. She'll get kicked off the team right away."

Sundew was trying out for Wide Receiver(My favorite position) and was sure she would make it in. She was as tough as any other boy in the school, and she could catch a football better than any other boy. She thought. She wasn't sure she could actually do it, the only people she'd ever practiced with were her parents, Belladonna and Hemlock, but in her defense they were really pretty cutthroat. 

"Sundew!" Sundew could recognize that voice anywhere. It was the jumpy teenager she'd met a couple years ago, named Cricket. "I heard a rumor going around saying you were trying out for the football team. Super cool."

"I don't need your opinion, Cricket. From what I know, the only team you tried out for was the Quizlet Team and your supervisor, Scarab, was not happy about the championships."

**Time Skip**

Sundew was on the football field, warming up and getting ready for tryouts. Although her helmet was just a tiny bit big,( And a lot of boys were teasing her about hit) she could still see everything. 

"Alright everybody, listen up!" The coach, Coach Wolfsbane, yelled. "Here are the basic rules; Stay focused, and DON'T CRY!" 

Sundew didn't need to look at Coach Wolfsbane to know that he looked at her when he said 'DON'T CRY!' or more like shouted so he would blow out their eardrums. 

**Time Skip**

Sundew may have been small, but she was able to shove away all the boys on defense who had tried to steal the ball from her. The only time she had dropped the ball was when Cricket was screaming ' Go Sundew!' with a big glittery sign so loud that Sundew couldn't focus. Willow was also cheering her on, but in a less distracting way. Because Willow was perfect like that. "Go Sundew!" she was saying in a more shy, quiet way.

**Time skip**

With all the boys who were giving her pitiful looks, Sundew shot them an edgy, cutthroat look that she scared most of them away. 

Coach Wolfsbane finally put out the tryouts sheet for who made the football team, who didn't. Sundew had made it of course, but she wasn't the type to scream it out to everybody. She was more of the type to show everybody that she belonged on the team by scoring a touchdown at a game. 

"Congrats, Sundew. I hope you die." Nettle said from behind her. 

"I hope you die too, Nettle. And by the way, I didn't see you try out for the team."

"That's because I'm not even remotely interested in impressing boys."

"Who said anything about impressing boys? You even know I'm not into boys."

Nettle scoffed. "Please. I've seen the look on Mandrake's face every time you walk by. Stay. Away. From. My. Brother."

"Wow you're dumb to think I would only join the football club to impress boys, but you're even dumber to think I would fall for Mandrake. I mean he's Mandrake. He's too wimpy."

"But isn't wimpy your style? I heard that you're into that Willow girl."

"Willow's not wimpy!"

"Bye. Again, I hope you die."

"Hmmm. I could say the same about you."

So I know this chapter was pretty cringy, but you have to admit, it was better than the first two. I'll update this story as soon as I can. 

- Laila- who will update soon