Two Parts of The Same Whole

Asami felt defeated. She thought for sure that after Korra literally saw and felt her naked body that things might move in the right direction. Unfortunately things have been agonizingly platonic since then.

It's not like she expects anything. She had just hoped that the vibes she was getting from Korra meant something more. But as time went on she started to doubt that. Maybe she just craved someone so much that she overanalyzed everything. What if the things Korra had done for her were not as special as they felt.

With that revelation Asami decided to let Korra take the lead. Even if Korra didn't return her feelings. Being her friend would be better than nothing because Korra was amazing. Much like herself, Korra was a damaged soul. But she overcame those struggles and Asami envied that. Korra is probably the strongest person she's ever met.

Korra didn't need fancy cars or lots of money. So when Korra approached her the other day asking for a favor Asami agreed without second guessing. They came up with a plan to get her two friends together. They called it operation Bopal. As unimpressive as that was it was better than operation Bolipal. Asami would have come up with a better name for it but Korra seemed so proud of herself she dare not ruin that. She wont deny that she has falling head first into feelings for her. She'd do anything for her if it meant she'd be happy. There's a unique level of trust in caring about someone like that.

Reckless? Maybe. Will she probably get hurt? Yeah. But, she couldn't stop. She couldn't say no to those bright blue puppy dog eyes and lopsided grin. Monday morning arrives and they pull up to Opal's parents house.

The house was impressive even to her standards. Very modern with a broad metal structure and lots of floor to ceiling windows. It was a modern marvel compared to other houses in the neighborhood. This house reminded her of New York City.

"It's a pretty nice house right?" Korra asks. "I mean wait, maybe you've seen tons of houses like this."

"No. You're right. It's still a very gorgeous house. Houses like this are like engineering art. No matter how many versions you see it's still beautiful."

"Wow Asami. You're such a nerd." Korra jokes.

"Quiet, you." She softly shoves Korra's shoulder. They walk up the path and Korra turns to Asami.

"All jokes aside. Are you ready? I've been trying my hardest to get these two together for years and I really think with your help we can do this."

"Let operation Bopal commence." Asami says giving her a smirk. Korra returns it with a nod and rings the doorbell.

Through the door they hear stomping and Bolin yelling he'll get it. The front door swings open to reveal a beaming Bolin.

"Korra! Asami! If it isn't my two favorite woman." Bolin says but they hear a throat clearing behind him. He turns to see Opal standing there with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Two?" She asks.

"Did I say two? Silly me. I totally meant two of my three favorite women. Sorry ladies I know it's tuff to hear this but Opal is number one."

"Much better Bo. Come on in guys. We were just about to get started." The two woman walk into the large house. It felt a lot larger on the inside which Asami loved about houses like this.

"Bolin you wanna come with me to get the lights?" Korra asked.

"Ah darn already? I was hoping to make some gingerbread houses. But that's okay they can wait for later." The two of them head to the garage leaving the two woman alone.

"This is a beautiful house Opal."

"Thank you. My dad is an engineer. He designed the place himself."