15

I Rushed on to the stage, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Hello, Los Angeles!" I shouted into the microphone, the crowd roared in response. "We are the Great Escape, and we are psyched to be playing for all of you tonight!" The crowd screamed and whistled. I felt joy overtake my body, "I am Isla, and behind me we have Mitch on the guitar, my main man Zach on the bass and then Jordan who plays the drums"

I heard the roll of the snare drum behind me and Jordan let out a snicker, "Really Isla, that's all I get? No, 'my dearest friend and most handsome bandmate?' Nothing? I'm hurt Isla." I let out a laugh at my friend and we rolled into our first few songs.

Our heads were banging, we danced across the stage, and laughed between songs.

"My good friend Zach here," Mitch grabbed his mic and started laughing, "Zach has a secret. He made me promise not to tell. and I agreed on one condition." Zach shot him a death glare, "On the condition that he buy me hot chocolate and donuts every single morning." Mitch looked around, "Ladies and gentlemen, Zach here has not done any of those things in three days." The crowd let out a gasp, "and I thought, before we play our last song, what's a better time than a giant crowd in LA to let everyone in on Zach's secret." We all looked at Mitch, the crowd fell silent. "Recently I overheard Zach conversing with his mom. In the short part I overheard, I found out that Zach not only has a stress rash, but Zach's middle name is Miriam."

"Miriam?"

Zach shook his head, "It's a family name." I nodded my head, the crowd laughed along with all of us.

The boys bantered a bit and told some jokes while the stage manager got us set up for our final number.

"Alright LA!" I whispered into the microphone, "Who's ready to rock!" The crowd responded enthusiastically, and the boys started playing the intro. "Thank you all for listening to us tonight, please enjoy our last song, it's about the L-word. This is As Long As I Have You."

I tried on my own, I thought I'd get there
Around and round, but I was only getting nowhere
Then you came along and gave me something
Something that I could believe in, trust in
And I won't go back again

As long as I have you
I can live like there's nothing left to lose
Unbreak every fracture in my heart
Nothing in this world could ever tear this love apart
They say you gotta take the good with the bad
I'll take it all as long as I have
You, oooh
As long as I have
You, oooh

I've been spinning circles in this ocean
Stuck in my ways, but you put everything in motion
This time I want you to see the real me
I wanna open up completely, deeply
I'll never be alone again

As long as I have you
I can live like there's nothing left to lose
Unbreak every fracture in my heart
Nothing in this world could ever tear this love apart
They say you gotta take the good with the bad
I'll take it all as long as I have
You, oooh
As long as I have
You, oooh

I wrapped my hands around the mic as we moved into the bridge.

And I realize that now I'm better with you
You got here right on time
Yeah, you were my breakthrough
You are my breakthrough

I felt a smile break across my face as we rolled into the last chorus.

As long as I have you
I can live like there's nothing left to lose
Unbreak every fracture in my heart
Nothing in this world could ever tear this love apart
They say you gotta take the good with the bad
I'll take it all as long as I have
You, oooh
As long as I have
You, oooh

Mitch hit the last chord, and we banged our heads in unison. The stage lights went dark and we hurried out of sight. I could still feel all the adrenaline pulsing through my veins, as stagehands were reaching over and patting my back, managers, and make-up artists came to congratulate me and the boys.

I passed Mikey and Cal, and they smiled and hugged me. I made eye contact with Luke across the stage and he gave me a double thumbs up. I smiled and shot him some finger guns, before turning towards my dressing room and taking a sip of water.

I passed a few more people and gave some smiles and nods before retiring to my dressing room. I fall on the couch and take in a deep breath. The tour was over for us and it was time for us to move on to the next chapter of our lives. I let my eyes fall shut and listened to my brother and his friends play their songs. I was dancing around to Permanent Vacation when I heard the announcement.

---

Happy Holidays Everyone!

The song I used is called As Long As I Have You, and it is performed by Dove Cameron on Liv and Maddie.

Thanks, Y'all