Part 7

Jimin’s POV

"Sorry," he said slow, and I could feel my heart breaking into pieces, but I tried my hardest to keep it in.

We were at the end of our high school years.

Graduation just happened earlier this morning, and I went to meet Jungkook after receiving a short text from the boy.

He's just going to dump me like this and go back to his fiance, isn't it? 

After playing with my heart.

"Okay, cool. That's all you wanted to say, right? I'll get going now. Can't wait to reach home, you know?" I tried to keep my voice stable, but I knew he heard the shaky tone.

But he didn't say anything about it, in which, I was grateful at. If he had asked about it, I would never be able to held my tears in anymore.

I quickly stood up and dusted my pants, wanting to leave and walk far, far away from this boy as soon as possible.

But before I could take the first step, Jungkook called for me.

"Jimin,"

I halted my steps, but I couldn't turn to look at him anymore.

I somehow wanted to see Jungkook's face one last time, but I was afraid that he'd see how much he broke me.

I was struggling to held in my tears, and I didn't want him to see it. Although I bet he already knew about it.

"Hmm?" giving Jungkook a shaky hum of a reply, I waited for him to talk.

"Thanks, for being by my side. You deserve someone so much better than me," he spoke out soft, and I bit my lips as my breath ragged even more than before.

I should leave.

Fast.

And my legs seemed to be in the same wavelength as my heart and mind at that time, because by the time the tears rolled down my cheeks I was already far from the boy.

--

Dear Jeon,

I didn't even confess, but your sorry meant that you knew. I'm heartbroken. And it hurts.