Chapter 2

G R A C E
▫▫▫▫▫▫▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

We reach back towards the crowd. The police examine the body and turn it around to see the face of this girl. I and Dahlia look at the body with shock.

Impossible.

Evelyn Rhodes.

Her blonds are waving. I look more closely.

Shit.

Why someone wants to kill her. Something is wrong. I quickly take pics from different angles. I took every picture of the crowd. I just want it just in case.

"Kids get back to your home." the hehe principal announced. students start leaving school. I look at the body, some nurses take her inside the ambulance. She might be alive. My brother orders me to get home with him. I nod at him. I bid goodbye to dahlia. I and Lorenzo wait until our driver come to pick us.

I stare at my book.

Huh?

I want adventure but I never wish to kill someone. I close my eyes leaning back on my chair. Everlyn's bloody body still came to my mind. Her bloody hair is still wet. Her sweet perfume of vanilla and rose still smells fresh but it's mixed with blood. Her skin is still white. Who wants to kill pure beauty, surely someone who is jealous or someone who wants to destroy her happiness. Someone who is close to her or someone who doesn't know her.

I snap out from my thoughts when the door of my room opens. I look at my brother who looks at me with worried eyes. I immediately understand he must thought that I am scared or something. Well, brother, it's not my first time witnessing this kind of thing. I smile and assure him that I am okay.

"Look I know you are not scared but grace she is your friend therefore I am just making sure you are okay as you are my baby sister. "He says with a smile.

"Says the one who threw water on me in the morning," I said rolling my eyes.

"I don't have any other option." He said with amusement in his eyes.

"I know brother but don't worry. It can't affect me. "I assure him.

He nods and lay on my bed. I took all the pictures examining the cut on her wrist.  Something is wrong.  I examine the picture more clearly but I find Nothing. No. Shuffling back on the chair, I sigh. Tomorrow I will get reports through the news. No big deal. And if Everlyn is still alive then I can meet her. But what if someone meets her at the hospital and murder her.

Shit.

Why didn't I thought that first? I quickly stood up grabbing pics and the camera I put them in my spare bag. Hanging it on my shoulders I look at my brother.

"Lore, we have to go. "I ask him.

He looks at me. "But where. "He asks me back.

"Hospital we have to reach there quickly. "I Reply.

"Are you sure? "Lorenzo said. I simply nod.

We reach the hospital. Grabbing my brother's wrist I pull him towards the nurse counter. I took quick information about Everlyn. Pulling my brother to the elevator I press a few buttons. The lift stops signaling us to move out. I find the room. Opening the door my eyes land on Everlyn's pale body. Her wrist is attached to it. Her face is attached to a machine. She must have broken bones. My eyes land on the chair beside her bed. There sits the one and only dean Wilson. His one hand is grabbing Everlyn's. I can hear the sniffles. He is crying. Now that is something new. He didn't notice me and my brother yet. But why he is crying? He already broke up with her. My brother looks at me with a groan. Suddenly dean eyes land on us. He quickly wiped his tears away.

"What are you doing here, grace? "He asks me.

"Well, she is my friend I can meet her. "I reply obviously.

"You can't meet her. She is in a comma. "He replies with a sad face.

"Don't worry lover boy we just come here to check her. "Says, my brother.

"You already broke up with her. Why are you here? "I ask ignoring my brother.

"I know but it was a misunderstanding. I love her. I can't lose her. "He said.

"Hell to you then what was the drama that you pulled out in the morning. "I snap at him.

"You have no right to ask Me such questions. "He replays back angrily. To which my brother glared at him.

"Ye, that's true. "I reply.

"I know we don't like each other but please leave me alone. "He asks pleadingly.

"Okay, but stay with her,  "I   reply. He nods at me.

My brother walks towards him and raises him by the collars. I didn't stop him cause I know I can't stop him even I want to. Second, he doesn't get in trouble for no reason. Well, third he is my brother. My brother looks at him.

"Don't you ever dare to hit my sister?" Brother glare at him last time then letting him go. Dean looks at me with guilt.

"I am sorry, grace. I don't want to hit you are I never will. I was sad and angry." He said with sad eyes. I nod.

"Still it is a bad reason," I reply. He smiles sadly at me.

"It's good you didn't lay hands on her. Or I will make sure you have the worst condition than your girlfriend." My brother said to him. I roll my eyes.

My so-called overprotective brother.

I look around to make sure no one is here. Okay, no one is here. I look around one more time. Then my eyes land on the dustbin on the ground. It's messed up or more like some hit it resulting in this dirt. There is one injection besides this dustbin only half of it is used. I looked at the dean.

"Did you kicked this trash can?" I ask him.

"No, I didn't. It was like this since I came here." He replied. I nod.

Okay, someone was here and whoever he or she was they have non of good intention. It can be staff too right? Maybe.

I should stop hanging out with my dad. Seriously everything doesn't have to make sense.

With that, I left the hospital. I must wait up for tomorrow's news. Police must have known about the killer. They are not naive.

Adventure. I always want it. let's wait and watch what tomorrow holds for us. And I hope it's for the better.

'Be responsible for your deeds. '

That's what my dad always told me. And I know it's true.

Let alone win the world.

..........

I know it's short but I will update it soon

By the way vote and comment.