Finally Happy

-5:00 am- Meredith and Andrew awoke to the beeping of her alarm clock. She groaned. "I don't want to get up," Andrew complained. Getting up, Meredith opened the curtains and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

-Downstairs-
"Maggie, you made the kids lunch right?"
"Yeah it's all set," she replied. Amelia was coming down the stairs.
"Mornin' sisters," she said cheerfully.
"Why are you so happy?" Meredith said suspiciously.
"It's just a good day," Amelia sat down and ate breakfast. It was 5:30 now, and Meredith was headed off to work.
"Bye Zozo," she said, kissing Zola on the head. Zola was the only child up right now.

Getting into the car with Andrew, she checked her phone. One voice mail from an unknown number. She wondered who it was, but knew she didn't have time to check.

-Grey-Sloan Memorial-
"Good morning Helm, do we have anything soon?"Meredith asked Dr. Helm when she arrived, "Yes Dr. Grey, a whipple at 6:30." She responded.
"Great, prep the patient and page me when she's ready." Meredith left and went to round on patients with the interns.

-Later in the day-
Andrew spotted Meredith from across the hall. Catching up to her, he kissed her on the cheek. "Hi Andrew," Meredith said with a smile.
"Hey mer," he said. "We have a patient in the ER, and need a general consult. They said not to page you because Hunt had it covered, but I think you could help."
"Ok, let's go."

-At home- As Meredith walked up to the door grabbing her keys from her pocket, Amelia was coming out. "Where are you going?" Mer asked. "I'm gonna go see Link, i'll probably stay the night."
"Ok, i'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yup. Also, Maggie has a thing, so she won't be here either."
"What kind of thing?" Mer asked laughing.
"That's all she told me," Amelia said shrugging.
Meredith went upstairs and looked at the clock. 10:30 pm. The nanny had put the kids to bed, so Meredith sat down on her bed. Getting up again, she went to her dresser, and chose pajamas to wear. About to close the draw, Derek's scrub cap caught her eye. She held it in her hands for a while, but then put it back under the clothes and sighed. She missed him more than anything.