Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains blood, trauma, fear, and fighting)

Third Person POV

"Breath, breath" Y/n repeats to herself.

Y/n, otherwise known as 010. Y/n has been stuck in the upside-down for over a year now, and it doesn't get any better. Life in the upside-down can be hard. Though, life for y/n was never easy. She had always wanted to be free, she wanted to be able to do what she pleased.

Like many other of the kids tested in the lab, she was taken when she was a very young infant. But y/n was different, she had more powers than most. She liked it though, she liked the feeling. The feeling of knowing that you have an advantage.

This made a lot of different people scared, mostly her Papa.

Y/n was very powerful, so powerful that Dr. Brenner vanished her to the upside  down, where she was never seen again.

Well, not yet at least.

Will's POV

We were playing our favorite game, dungeons and dragons, "Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness. It is almost here." Mike declared.

"What is it?"

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin asked with fear in his tone "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon."

"It's not the Demogorgon!" Lucas replied back to Dustin.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike added, revealing that it was not the Demogorgon.

"Troglodytes?"

"Told ya!" Lucas smirked in pride, he was correct.

"Wait a minute, did you hear that? That... that sound?"

Mike continued, "Boom... boom... boom! That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... That came from something else... The Demogorgon!"

"We're in deep shit," Dustin stated.

It was my turn, and I already knew I was going to be under a lot of pressure.

"Will, your action!" Mike remarked. But I honestly didn't know what to do, "I don't know!"

"Fireball him!" Lucas yelled. I responded with, "I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!"

But Dustin didn't think that fireballing was a good idea, "Too risky. Cast a protection spell!"

"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him!"

"Cast Protection,"

Mike interrupted their argument, "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you! BOOM!"

The endless bickering between Lucas and Dustin kept going, "Fireball him!" "Cast Protection!".

"He roars in anger!"

"Fireball!" I threw the dice onto the board as I yelled.

"Oh, shit!"

The dice rolled off of the table and scattered across the floor. With that, we all got up and scattered, similar to the dice, to find them.

"Is it 13?"

"I don't know!"

*Time Skip*

"It was a seven,"

"What?" Mike responded with confusion.

I explained, "The roll. It was a seven. The Demogorgon. It got me,"