Chapter Five

Eddie nodded again and wiped his face

"Look you go on home, I'll keep you updated"

"Thank you" he said and kissed her cheek then left.

Rach had sat up and was going to go over to the incubator to see her son. Rach was now stood up and slowly made her way to the incubator , her balance wasn't good as she had only just came round from being in a coma, she felt like she was going to fall but she was determined to make it over to Robbie.

Once she has finally made it over to Robbie she placed her hand in the incubator so that she wouldn't fall over, she looked at Robbie and gave him a smile and said softly

"Hey little one"

Robbie smiled a little back knowing that Rach was his mum, she put her hand through the hole so that she could touch his little body, Rach had tears in her eyes as she saw how small he was.

Zoe was on her way Back to the room, after she saw Eddie off, Zoe seemed a little more happier now that Rachel was now awake, she did have doubts that she wasn't going to make it but she knew that she was a fighter.

As Rach was stroking Robbie's head, every thing started to hurt but she didn't want to get back in bed as she wanted to see her son, Zoe came through the doors and into Rach's room and looked at the bed and sighed thinking that she had done a runner, but it wasn't till she looked over at the incubator and seen her

"Come on back to bed"

"But.."

"No buts Rach"

Rach sighed and turned around slowly to get back into bed, Zoe had came over to help her back on to the bed, Rach got in and got comfortable and looked at her

Zoe smiled before speaking "what was you doing?"

"I wanted to see the baby, my son?"

Zoe smiled hearing her

"If you could of waited I could of took you over"

Rach looked down "I'm sorry I just wanted to see him"

Zoe sat on the edge of the bed "hey it's okay, I'm not mad at you"

Rach looked up and nodded "he's so small"

"yeah he is he's, five months premature"

Rach nodded again with more tears, Zoe's hugged her tight and kissed her head "the good news is that your okay"

"But I'm not though am I?"

Zoe sighed softly and took her hand

"No."

"What's wrong with me?"

"As you went down you landed on your left rib so it's broken, you have some burn patches from where the ceiling fell on you you, and you had a bleed on the womb and some of the ceiling landed on your head causing you to lose your memory and had minor internal bleeding"

Rach looked at her "but am I going to be okay to go back to work?"

"Not at this stage your not, you need to rest"

"You know that I don't rest"

"Rach you've got to, it's the only way for you to get better"

Rach sighed "how long is that going to take?"

"Months, maybe five or six, I don't know"

"great" Rach rolled her eyes, "what am I meant to do for 6 months"

"Your meant to sit around and rest"

"But you know that isn't like me"

"Well your gonna have to rest because your not ready to go back to work"

Rachel sighed looking over at Robbie "when can I hold him?"

"When he not attached to the life support, gets a little bigger"

Rach just nodded looking at her again, she looked around as she wanted to hold her son, tears started to form in her eyes so she looked down, Zoe saw and pulled her into a hug where she just broke down crying in her arms.

"Hey" Zoe said rubbing her back

"I can't hold my baby" Rach cried

"Hey, it's okay" Zoe said rubbing her back more

"It's not okay!, he should be in my arms!" Rachel snapped crying , she didn't mean to

"Rach honey, listen, It's going to be fine your going to hold him as soon as he comes off the life support, you'll be the first one to hold I'm, I promise"

Rach didn't know what to say but she continued to cry into Zoe, She didn't mind her crying into her as wanted Rach to get the breakdown out of her system.

As A few months went by, Robbie had started to breath on his more, so it wouldn't be long till he would be taken off life support and Rach could hold him for the first time, he breathing wasn't that great to start of with but it was okay. Zoe was still sat by Rachel and had sent Eddie a couple of texts on how Rachel and Robbie was doing, she wanted him to be there so he could see for himself but knew that Rachel would kick off again as she still thought Eddie was Stuart.

Eddie was keeping himself busy by going back to work, he really wanted to be with Rachel. Eddie was the head teacher again and Kim and Tom was the deputy, As he was getting more updates on Rachel he would tell the school how she was doing in an assembly, the school loved Rachel and wanted her back as soon as, He would tell them how she was but never would tell them about the baby, he didn't know how to as it would break his heart if he talked about it to them.