#9

(FYI - THIS HAS ALL THE ASSASSINS IN IT. NOT JUST SEVENTEEN DIFFERENT KENWAYS)

Everyone was having breakfast when Ezio stomped down the stairs, clearly not happy. He pointed at each person in turn with an accusing look in his eyes.

"Which one of you was using my toothbrush?" He demanded.

The squabbling family looked amongst themselves. Naturally, Edward and Jacob fell under suspicion and were ordered by everyone else in the room to plead their case to an angry Ezio as no one wanted to deal with him.

Fortunately for them, Connor abruptly appeared and began hurrying down the steps two at a time. Seeing as Connor was normally so punctual, this was unusual behaviour and everyone – including Ezio – looked at his panicked face, forgetting about the toothbrush dilemma for a moment.

Then their questions were answered when a loud voice echoed throughout the house. It was so loud that the frame of the building shook slightly. The voice did not sound happy.

"CONNOR?! WHY IS MY HAT IN THE WASHING MACHINE?! CONNOR?!"

Connor reached the bottom of the stairs and everyone immediately pointed to the laundry cupboard. Connor nodded gratefully and dashed in, shutting the door with a click. Shay immediately rushed over after him and leaned against the cupboard casually in a discreet way to hide Connor's presence even further.

Seconds later, a very angry looking man came storming down the stairs with murder in his eyes. The man flicked his ponytail of hair out of his line of sight and took in the scene before him. His slate grey eyes passed over the eerily silent group of men and studied each one individually.

Altaïr was as stoic as ever, Ezio looked like he wanted to nap, Jacob was fidgeting with his top hat, Arno was halfway through making pancakes, Edward kept glancing at... Shay. The man looked at Shay with a healthy amount of suspicion in his eyes. After all, the laundry cupboard was not an ideal place to rest -

Then it clicked.

"Shay, move."

"What, did the broom murder someone?" Shay awkwardly joked.

"I won't ask again, Shay."

The Irishman grumbled but moved aside. Naturally, it was this exact second that Shay moved that the man realised that he probably should have thought this through more. Connor burst out of the cupboard, knocking the man to the floor. Connor briefly glanced at the man, before racing out the back door into the garden. The man cursed and got to his feet. The rest of the men wisely didn't intervene.

"Try and catch me, Haytham!" Connor shouted gleefully as he began to climb a tree.

"I'm getting too old for this." The man muttered under his breath.

Despite what the man may have thought about the situation, that didn't stop him from chasing after Connor through the dense foliage. The rest of the men gathered at the back door and listened patiently as the faint sounds of Connor squealing and someone triumphantly shouting could be heard.

"Should we do something?" Arno asked, spatula in hand.

"Do you want to get murdered?" Edward retorted.

"Do you want extra pancakes?" Arno snapped back.

Edward shut up.