[Chapter Twenty-Four]: Go To Prom With Me?

*CONTINUATION FROM LAST CHAPTER*
Cheryl's POV

Once Toni entered her house, I took out my phone to text the group.

Me: Is everything set? Toni is almost ready.

Betty🙎🏼‍♀️: Almost, Cher. We're just setting down the rose petals.

Veronica💖: Toni is definitely going to say yes!

Me: I really hope so😩

I looked up to see Toni walking back into the car. She was wearing an outfit I had brought for her, her promise ring standing out in the night sky.

"Okay, I'm ready. Where are we going?" She asked, buckling her seat belt. I chuckled, "I told you it's a surprise!"

Toni huffed, "Okay..." She pouted. I stroked her thigh softly as I drove off, "It's going to be worth it, my love." I said.

Toni nodded, interlacing our hands.

*********

We finally rolled up to the hill, and I smiled at how amazing it looked.

"Cher, that looks beautiful

"Cher, that looks beautiful." Toni cooed as we walked down. "I know right." I agreed, helping her sit.

Kevin came out with a bouquet of pink and red roses. "Awww, Thanks, Kev." She smiled, taking them and smelling them.

Kevin nodded, shooting me a wink. I winked back before Toni faced me. "Want some wine?" I asked, picking up the bottle. She nodded so I poured it into a wine glass.

"So, What's the special occasion?" Toni inquired, raising her eyebrow. I gasped, mocking offense, "I can't take my beautiful girlfriend out?"

Toni blushed as she rolled her eyes, "I mean you can, but this was random." She said.

"That just means I love you." I smiled, pecking her lips.

"Okay, You win." She chuckled. "Where's my surprise?" She then asked after a moment of silence.

I cleared my throat before standing up. Toni looked up at me as I helped her up and gently pulled her along.

"Where are we going?" She asked softly. I looked back at her and smiled before squeezing her hand.

"Just look ahead," I smirked.

Toni's POV

I raised my eyebrow, looking around until I saw it.

I gasped, covering my mouth as Cheryl wrapped her arms around me.

"So

"So... Will you go to prom with me?" She asked. I nodded, turning around to face her, "Of course I will!" I replied excitedly.

Cheryl smiled, bringing me into a kiss. I heard whistling around us as I pulled away slightly to see Betty, Kevin, and Veronica clapping and cheering.

"You guys did all this?!" I asked them. And they nodded.

I smiled, hugging them. "Thanks, guys," I said.

"No problem, " Kevin said, squeezing me tight. I pulled away, letting Cheryl wrap herself around me.

"I'm glad you said yes." She whispered as the group walked over to the table that had snacks.

"You thought I'd really say no?" I giggled, squeezing her hands that rested on my stomach. "No, but at the same time I was expecting one." She shrugged.

I rolled my eyes before taking her hand and leading her over to the table with the food.

*********
"Goodnight, Baby!" Cheryl called after me as I walked toward my door. "Nighty!" I called back, turning to blow her a kiss.

But before I entered my house I turned, "drive safe, Please." I begged.

She smiled, "I will, and I promise." She held up her finger with the ring on it.

I smiled with a nod before entering my house.

Just a filler