[Chapter Thirty-Six]: Doctor Check-Up

Toni's POV

I dressed Dakota while Cheryl took a shower. I put some cute jeans on her with a pink T-shirt and some small socks. Her feet are just the cutest, So tiny.

Cheryl stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her naked body. I smirked, walking over to peck her lips with Kota in my arms.

Cheryl smiled against my lips as I pecked once, then twice. "Hurry and get ready. Doctor Benny is probably waiting." I told my wife. She nodded, going over to our chest draws.

******

"Wow, isn't she a gorgeous human?" He cooed at the girl, making the 1-month-old giggle.

"And I see that she is very happy." He chuckled, taking the stethoscope and placing it on her clothed chest.

"She is. All she does is smile, and on a good day she'd laugh." Cheryl said.

"That's good." He smiled, "Hi, Can I check your eyes?" He asked the small girl who just smiled in response.

"She can hear me, so that's great." He smiled, placing a small teddy bear out as he moved it side to side, making Dakota's eyes follow the toy.

"Great eye strength. Looks like she'll have some beautiful green eyes when she's older." He smiled.

"How?" I asked. He turned to face us, "Well, being that she has one-third of your genetics, then Mrs. Blossom's, and then the donor. The donor had green eyes, so it's a chance that she will." He explained.

Cheryl and I nodded as we held each other's hands. "Well, all is well, she very healthy as she is happy." He smiled.

"That's amazing news, " Cheryl smiled. She constantly worries about Kota. I guess she's paranoid about becoming her mother that she feels she has to be close to Kota any waking moment.

"Next check-up is in 2 months. We'll talk tummy time, leg strength, and I'll be answering any questions you two may have." He nodded.

"I have one," Cheryl said. And he smiled for her to continue, "Can she slept on her stomach, or is that a no-no?" She asked.

"No, It's not safe for her at the moment being that she isn't strong enough to roll over yet. So just keep her sleeping on her back for now, and then I'll give you the go-ahead." He nodded.

"Thanks, Doctor Benny." I smiled, gently picking up my daughter.

"No problem. It's a pleasure helping you guys." He smiled, shaking our hands.

*****

"It's okay, TT. I promise I'm not tired." Cheryl yawned but tried to hide it. I chuckled, "Baby, I promise that when you wake up Dakota and I will still be here and everything will be fine. You need your sleep, babe." I rubbed her back.

Cheryl took a deep breath and nodded, "It's just I want to have my eyes on her at all times." She said.

"That's why we have baby monitors around the house," I whispered. "Just take a nap, and once you wake up she's all yours," I told my wife who nodded with a small smile.

She kissed me before getting up and going upstairs. I looked down at Dakota who was in her rocker, "Mommy's a bit paranoid because she's new to parenthood." I pouted making the girl smile.

"You're so gorgeous like your mother. I have two gorgeous girls. Isn't Momma lucky?" I smiled, letting her wrap her small fingers around my pinky.

After feeding and putting Kota down for a nap, I sat on the couch watching Tv. As I was watching it, there was a knock at the door. I sighed, pausing the movie before getting up to open the door.

It was the mailman, "Package for Cheryl." He smiled. He's is our neighborhood mailman, Cheryl and I got go know home pretty well.

"Thanks; Dan. She's asleep right now, but I can take it." I said. He nodded handing me the package, "Have a good day, Toni." He said before walking down the hall.

I closed the door to the penthouse before reading the name off of the package. It said it was from jail. Penelope sent this.

"Marc!" I called one of our guards. He entered the room, "Yes?" He asked.

"Can you please check this for any danger? It's from Cheryl's mom and I'm not trusting if." I told him. He nodded, taking the package.

I went back onto the couch, watching Dakota as she slept. Marc entered the room again, "Everything is good. It's baby clothes. I checked the clothes, nothing out of the ordinary. and there is also a note." He nodded.

"Great, Thanks, Marc." I smiled, handing him 20 dollars. He nodded gratefully before leaving again.

Cheryl's POV

I woke up and it was dark outside. I sighed, sitting up and looking at the baby monitor in Dakota's room. She was asleep, I sighed and got out of bed, and went downstairs to see my wife on the couch.

"Hey, Babe. Sleep well?" She asked, opening her arms. I nodded, sitting on her lap and putting my face in the crook of her neck.

"Your mom sent you something." She whispered, kissing my head. I looked up at her, "Did you open it?" I asked.

"I had Marc do it." She said and I nodded as I watched her grabbed it.

"Here." She smiled, kissing my jaw. I looked inside to see baby clothes, colors of pink and purple.

"This is cute." I laughed, pulling out the bib. I took out the note, sighing before reading it.

"Dear, Cheryl

I know this may seem weird that I'm sending you stuff, but I just wanted to send this to my grandbaby. I know when I'm out of here she'll be a lot older and I know you will never forgive me for all the trauma I put you through, and I will always accept that, but I'm truly sorry. Hope to see you soon, goodbye

Love, Penelope" I read aloud.

"Very touching." I said, pushing the note aside, "I'm keeping the clothes though." I said making Toni giggle, "That's my girl." She tickled my side making me squirm and laugh loudly.