Transfixed

Hades' steely blue-with-a-tinge-of-white eyes had a touch of exasperation on their semblance as he read the weekly report of souls that Thanatos had let loose in Tartarus, again.He was leaning backwards on a teak desk with countless knick-knacks scattered upon its countenance that The God of The Underworld deemed of import.

Dressed in a smart cobalt blue suit with an accompanying turquoise tie and black rhinestone glasses, Hades had a particular charm surrounding him today.

"Thetis, please slot in the meeting with Hermes at 4:00 today, at Olympus regarding the Underworld Tech transports. Oh, and remind me to feed Cerberus today, would you?" Saying this, Hades left the room, with Thetis at his side.

Looking forward to his daily stroll in the lush garden of the Underworld, in The Elysian Fields, that was spotted with countless sheening white flakes of mesmerizing icicles.The fusion of enthralling hues and shades that were emitted by plants known and unknown were fascinating, and the scents that followed were heavenly, even to The Lord of The Underworld himself.

And then he saw her, admiring an alluring blue hydrangea, with her pearled eyes closed and her beautiful smile splitting her freckled image and showing her pretty dimples to the fortunate gazer.

Persephone.

The very name itself sent a ripple of bliss into his soul, and as he walked forward to meet her, she opened her glistening eyes that were a very hypnotizing shade of pink, and that widened in anticipation as she felt his lips meet hers, and caress them with all delicateness, that he savoured for another second, inhaling the sweet rosy scent of her hair, and then regretfully parted from hers with a naughty smirk on his face.

Smiling, she withdrew herself from his muscular arms and retorted, "Feeling a bit cheery today, are we, Aidoneus?" "You know it, Kore. How are you doing on this fine wintery day?""I'm just springy! Get it? Hehe......."

Hand in hand, they both resumed walking around the Fields, smiling at each other, and enjoying each other's presence. When they reached the stunning marble fountain, studded with intricate patterns, and an enticing spout of clear turquoise water adorned with the icicle pieces of the morning's dewy snowfall. The pair gently settled down on a little brown bench next to the fountain and serenely admired the flow of the water.They both leaned against each other and Hades caressed her smooth palms, merely enjoying the atmosphere. She gazed into his eyes, admiring the glistening blue marbles nestled within his almond eyelids.And he slowly moved forward, cupping her face in his hands, and brushed her bottom lip, softly, delicately, like the touch of a petal, just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin, and the taste of her rosy lips. And there they sat, their lips interred with each other's, as the soft, sparkling snowflakes drifted from the sky and settled upon the trees.And all was still.