Part Three: Headphones

"The headphones." Gou whispers as she shakes the bag at you. Brows furrowed in confusion, you thrust your hand into the bag. Her plans usually work, so you trust her. You pull out knotted headphones and hold them in the air.
"Headphones?" You fiddle to de-tangle them.
"That's me!" Makoto smiles sweetly, offering a hand to help you up.
"You guys know where my room is, just use that!" Nagisa smiles. Blushing, you turn to Gou as you leave the room and whisper a thank you.

Makoto holds the door open for you, closing it quietly as he follows you in. Nervous, you perch yourself on the bed's edge.
"So, er..." He shyly itches the back of his neck. "What are we meant to do in here?" Your stomach somersaults.
"Well, people usually kiss. Or something like that." Blush deepening, you look at the floor. "But, I would understand if you didn't want to do that." Embarrassed, you can't bring yourself to look up from the floor. Quietly, he chuckles. Sitting beside you, his eyes fix on your face.
"You look cute tonight." He smiles. Making yourself look up, fire fills your cheeks.
"Th-thank you." Timidly, you return a smile.

"Why are you so nervous?" Tilting his head, he moves closer to you. Shrugging, you look back at the floor. A gentle finger coaxes you to look at him again. Green eyes meet yours.
"Can I tell you something, _____?" Carefully, he cups your face. You nod.
"I like you, a lot." His smile brightens. Eyes wide, you find yourself unable to respond.
"Would you mind if I kissed you?" A light blush tickles his cheeks. Smiling, you slowly move your arms around his neck to close the space between you. Tenderly, he kisses you. The hand on your cheek moves into your hair as the kiss deepens.

There is a quiet knock on the door.
"Seven minutes are up!" Gou chirps. Makoto takes your hands in his, pulling you up from the bed. Embracing you, he leaves a kiss on top of your head.
"Come on then." He grins, leading you from the room. You re-enter the living room to a round of whoops and claps.
"I knew it would happen eventually!" Nagisa exclaims. Makoto sits beside you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. You nuzzle your body as close to his as you can. He kisses your cheek, causing you to blush again. Gou smiles at you.
"Told you I had a plan!" She boasts.