Part Five: Pen

"Pen." Gou winks as she thrust the bag in your face. You nod, hesitantly digging through the bag. Pulling the pen out, you hold it in the air.
"Pen?" You wiggle it about. Rei rises from his seat and heads for the door. Blushing, you look at Gou.
"Go on!" She nudges you.
"Thank you!" You whisper, smiling.
"Use my room!" Nagisa chimes as you follow Rei.

Silent, Rei holds the door open for you. Following you in, he quietly shuts the door behind himself. Familiar with the room, you throw yourself against the bed's pillows and sit comfortably. Rei sits on the edge of the bed, beside you. Smiling at him, you try to ease his nerves. A rosy blush fills his cheeks.
"What do you want to do then?" You push yourself to sit straighter. Adjusting his glasses, he moves closer to you.
"What do people usually do?" Anxious, he speaks quietly.
"They usually kiss." As you speak, his blush brightens. "Or something like that. But that doesn't mean we have to." You feel a pang of disappointment. Looking at the floor, he adjusts his glasses again.

Inhaling deeply, he looks up. Your eyes meet.
"No." He mutters.
"No?" You raise an eyebrow. Carefully, he moves closer to you. A soft hand cups your face. His lips meet yours, moving gently against them. You interlock your fingers with his against the bed. The hand on your cheek tucks hair behind your ear. Moving back, a small smile touches his lips.
"You're beautiful." He whispers. Smiling, you move to kiss him again. Leaning your forehead against his, you grin.
"I like you, Rei." Summoning what courage you can, you force yourself to confess to him. He smiles shyly.
"I-I like you too, ______." His hand tightens around yours.

There is a delicate tap on the door.
"Seven minutes have gone, you two!" Nagisa chirps. Holding Rei's hand, you pull him up from the bed. Silently, you lead him from the room. As you enter the living room, Nagisa and Gou nudge each other.
"I knew it!" They cheer in sync. Giggling, you sit beside Rei. Hesitantly, his arm moves around your shoulders. Comfortably, you cuddle your body against his. Gou passes the bag onto the next person.