3

"Say it", Taehyung glared at the man in front of him, face contorted in anger, "say that you think I'm too poor to afford any of this."

"That is not what I meant!" Seokjin whisper yelled, looking around their table before turning back to his boyfriend, "I just want to pay for our date-"

"I would have let you if this was the first time or the second, but you have been paying for all eight of our dates", Taehyung huffed, chuckling bitterly, "what, you think the only thing I can afford is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that is too below your standards?"

"Tae, you-"

"Because you think right", the man slammed his hands on the table and leaned forward in Seokjin's space, "that is everything I can afford and I thought maybe you were okay with that. Guess I was wrong.

"Taehyung, please", Seokjin's small face was pink with embarrassment but Taehyung begrudgingly ignored it with a roll of his eyes. He stood up and stormed across the restaurant, feeling the eyes follow him. For all the class and sophistication this place had, the stares and murmurs weren't subtle in the least.

"All this is for show", Taehyung rounded the corner to the staircase only to stop suddenly. He pursed his lips and cursed before looking back where he had left Seokjin in his rage.

The man was talking to their waiter, his head down and expression timid. Taehyung looked as the people talked around his boyfriend, not lowering the volume of their jabs or the sound of their chuckles. Seokjin looked shameful as he collected his things, his hands shook as he picked up his phone, his eyes shining when-

Taehyung stormed back the same way he came from, surprising Seokjin and the other patrons. They looked on for drama, for gossip, a bunch of rubbish suited in gold and silk. Taehyung just looked unimpressed as he took hold of Seokjin's dainty wrist and pulled him out.

"Why..." the voice was soft, Seokjin sniffling in his sweater paw as they stood on the footpath outside the tall building, "why did you come back?"

The biker cursed again, hitting the wall beside them with his clenched fist. Taehyung pondered over this question before sighing and turning around to face Seokjin. He opened his mouth but now words came out, his anger and irritation melting away when he saw translucent tears dripping down those pink cheeks, plum lips wobbling ever so slightly.

"Don't cry", it came out cold and commanding, something that made them both flinch. Seokjin ducked his head and started rubbing at his face, rough and careless with the fabric. Taehyung quickly held his wrists, stopping any motion of those paws, "no... no I mean, cry if you want but... agh fuck!"

Seokjin was ready to be left alone again when Taehyung let go of his wrists but he was instead pulled in the warm embrace of the biker who tucked Seokjin's head under his chin, "Shh, don't cry. Do anything, fight back and kick me, but please don't cry."

Taehyung ignored the people that passed by them and gave the two strange looks, holding Seokjin closer when he felt the man shiver in his arms. He rubbed his boyfriend's back and pushed the taller man to sniffle in his chest, unable to stop the feeling of pain and regret that flooded his heart when he heard Seokjin sob.

"I don't know..."

He frowned at the words, pulling away just enough to see Seokjin's face. It was rosy and swollen, lips jutted out in a pout and eyes red. Taehyung felt guilt prick his heart, "You don't know what?"

"I don't know how else to show my love."

Seokjin whined when his boyfriend stepped away, holding his wide shoulders in his big hands and looked at him with confusion, "What?"