𝟎𝟐 | 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

C O S M I C S T R I N G

A tube-like configuration of energy that is believed to have existed in the early universe. A cosmic string would have a thickness smaller than a trillionth of an inch but its length would extend from one end of the visible universe to the other.

T O  T H E
M O O N & B A C K

TODAY WAS THE day that I had been dreading since two weeks ago, when the summer holidays began. School. Fourteen unmemorable days of nothingness, just to lead right back to fucking hell. First days always suck because I am just reminded that I still have two years left of first days before I attend my last.

My first year here was the worst. I failed every single fucking exam and I failed the entire year, every semester. The fucked thing is that I don't remember taking any tests as it is. I remember nothing.

My mother—of course—talked to the dean and her being the persuasive woman she is, convinced him, it was relatively easy considering she is close friends with him due to his wife being one of her biggest fucking fans. So, in other words, the dean's wife is a whore for my mom's dresses which means that I can fail over and over again as long as the dean can take home a piece from Lila fucking Westbrook's' newest collection.

Pathetic.

My second year, I had to start again, right at the very beginning, because I have to complete all four years and actually pass in order to successfully graduate. I failed my second year too, what can you expect? And now, as I begin my third year, I am still at the very fucking beginning. If I fail this year too—which I probably will—I'm getting the fuck out of this place, I don't give a shit how much my mother cries and claims that I need to do this. I don't need to, she needs me to because if I quit, I have no hope. She will have no hope.

I don't know when she's going to accept the fact that I'm not her little Atlas anymore. I'm not the happy little fucking ball of joy that she raised. I'm gone. He's gone. I'm just a walking disappointment, a fucking burnout. 

The only good thing about having so many first days is watching the newcomers. All those girls that wear pretty little skirts and knee-high socks, then the ones that come dressed like they're attending a fucking conference, and then the guys that walk in, acting like they're still on top of the social hierarchy when they fell to the bottom the second they left fucking high school.

The girls are the only good thing. They dress in those little outfits for themselves but I always fuck a few of them. The funny thing is that I don't even have to try. Girls attending their first year always do the typical my friend thinks you're cute thing whilst all of her friends are giggling down the hall from her, that one hopeful girl watching intently, the supposed one that likes me. I love watching her face as I take her friend into the restroom and fuck her in the toilet stall.

Despite my lack of giving an actual fuck, I'm pretty decent academically, when I try. That's the annoying thing, I could breeze through college if I just tried but I can't. I want to but I just can't.

"Last week was the best, you should've been there." Pandora exclaimed as she scribbled down notes from the PowerPoint that our Physics professor Conaway was showing on the large screen. "There was this party in Brighton—some guy from my Math class, it was mental."

Conaway sent her a pointed look, his brown eyes narrowed into slits as he glared at his favourite student. She definitely fucked him last year in order to get an A+ even though she already had an A. she's just one of those girls that need to excel in everything.